Wiki Posts
Search

[poll] which would you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Question [poll] which would you prefer?

hi folks,

curious as to what you all would choose to fly.

F on a 773 or J on a 359. Flying SQ and this would be a reward booking. Basically, I am doing HKG-SFO or HKG-SIN-SFO. I have flown J on the 773 but not F. There is availability for the date I am looking at. Also thought it would be cool to try the A359 which only has J. The other upshot is if the HKG-SIN a380 is swapped for the new version, that could be icing on the cake. Just curious what people choose.

Working on planning my next flight and just curious what people think.

Last edited by just_me_13; Jul 11, 2018 at 12:34 am Reason: spelled something wrong
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Depends on the airline and route and if it was a reward booking or if I was paying, but in general F will trump J
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:31 am
Original Poster

SQ, reward booking.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: Krisflyer
The A350 has almost identical J seats to the 773-ER, except slightly less space. So I would not favour the A350 over the 773-ER if you're already familiar with the better version. And of course, F would generally be preferable to J though the flying time is naturally longer for a service that stops en route.
davidj1 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by just_me_13
hi folks,

curious as to what you all would choose to fly.

F on a 773 or J on a 359. Flying SQ and this would be a reward booking. Basically, I am doing HKG-SFO or HKG-SIN-SFO. I have flown J on the 773 but not F. There is availability for the date I am looking at. Also thought it would be cool to try the A359 which only has J. The other upshot is if the HKG-SIN a380 is swapped for the new version, that could be icing on the cake. Just curious what people choose.

Working on planning my next flight and just curious what people think.
You are referring to 77W right.

Of course F will be much nicer than J if you have the miles to spend go ahead.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Definitely take the 77W on the HKG-SFO in F if you can get it. No brainer for 92,000 KF miles.

If you go HKG-SIN-SFO in J, it will cost more miles as Zone 4 (HKG) -> Zone 12 (West Coast USA) award chart only applies to non stop service. You need to add HKG-SIN and SIN-SFO awards to do the longer routing, so adding 27.5K+88K, will cost 115,500 miles - more KF miles than F on the non stop. (nb: booking engine does not immediately display correct fare, once you click on the flights you want it will show the right number of KF miles).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.