Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Sleeping in T3 SilverKris Lounge vs airside hotel overnight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeping in T3 SilverKris Lounge vs airside hotel overnight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I certainly would go to a hotel.

Having said that, much to the amusement of hotel staff I normally even travel into the city for a post-midnight arrival followed by a 9 am departure simply because I prefer it, even though Changi is a nice airport as far as airports go.
Too much work for a postmidnight landing. Stay at the crown plaza airport hotel (great reviews), breakfast at the changi staff canteen to satisfy your food court cravings
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by TravellingBeard
I have a long layover next year, landing about 3:45pm, and leaving the next morning for Sydney at 9:30, via J. I was planning to rent an overnight airside hotel but saw some reviews that the T3 SilverKris lounge for business class travellers is quite large, has comfortable couches, and staff will even provide you with a pillow and blanket. Has anyone done so, and I assume with the shower facilities, it would be not be an issue, provided it was comfortable enough?

Thanks in advance.
You could sleep in the lounge - it doesn't look particularly peaceful. I've always figured people sleeping there left it too late to get a room at the airside hotel, or had very short transits. For the $60 airside hotel, I wholly recommend it. And will leave you rested to enjoy the flight.
vbroucek likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
These threads never cease to amuse me... "I'm flying first class... I'm wondering if I can slum it in the lounge overnight or do I need to pay for a hotel in the city" type threads.

Each to their own.
vbroucek likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Behind the GST refund counters at T3 there are essentially what are sleeping areas for those who wish to sleep at the airport. It is usually quite quiet from what I have seen walking past.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by davidj1
These threads never cease to amuse me... "I'm flying first class... I'm wondering if I can slum it in the lounge overnight or do I need to pay for a hotel in the city" type threads.

Each to their own.
Same with me - amused!!! But then being here long enough, there are many people who fly F after "earning" it on credit card sign offs etc... You would be surprised how many people fly F without being wealthy enough to fly it... BTW, I am wealthy enough to fly F, but being "clever" I cannot justify paying double for F if I can get most of it in J... Yes, I am wealthy enough to fly in F, but I do fly in J as a matter of principle... The champagne they serve I F is not that much better than the one in J, I sleep well enough in J seats and I have lots of money left to spend on other stuff if I do Australia to Europe in J instead of in F... And my wife agrees with that
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
As it is more than 12 hours, I will recommend to get a hotel. A hotel along the MRT green line will be good. V hotel above Lavander MRT station maybe a good option. Depending on the date, I think you should be able to get around SGD150. Bugis is another option. There is Mercure, Ibis at the cheaper side and also Intercon nearby and other non international brands.

Bugis will probably the better choice as you can walk to Bugis Village and temple.

Go to Lau Pa Sat to eat satay and beer. Then walk along the river from Boat Quay to Clark Quay. To enjoy the view.

On the way back you can talk MRT also. I think they should open as early as 6am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.