Search

Youngest Solitaire PPS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2004, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Youngest Solitaire PPS

Just to make some of you jealous :
A friend's boss has a son which became the youngest Solitaire PPS at just 4 years old.
The kid's mom automatically became the supplementary card holder.

StarG
Old Feb 21, 2004, 10:59 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
And I thought it was you, the new Solitaire PPS member!

No champagne for the youngster. I guess he does not care about status at the moment.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 7:29 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
At four years of age...? What about the consecutive years thing...? Isnt it 1+4 to get Solitaire or.....?
Old Feb 21, 2004, 7:37 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
SQ-PPS relaxed the 4 years QPPS requirement for Solitaire eligibility. I got mine. I was still QPP2 when I flew end of Nov to surpass 250 sectors. And in Dec, I became TPP3.

Unfortunately, I am no longer 4 years old. So I am not so sure whether I can get my Life Solitaire. It seems this youngest Solitaire PPS will be the youngest Life Solitaire if the parents have the same near future travel patterns.

[This message has been edited by CGK (edited Feb 21, 2004).]
Old Feb 22, 2004, 1:01 am
Original Poster

flamboyant 1: I am still a QPP unfortunately, 8 sectors away from TPP

The dad of this kid actually qualified as TPP one year after the son. The son travelled extensively with his grandparents.

StarG
Old Feb 22, 2004, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I thought there was a minimum age requirement to join PPS? Or was that the Marco Polo Club?
Old Feb 22, 2004, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StarG:
A friend's boss has a son which became the youngest Solitaire PPS at just 4 years old.

StarG
</font>
At 4 years old, and he is already a Solitaire? I don't envy him, I pity him. At his age to be bombarded by radiation when flying. It's hard enough for us adults to balance the atitude changes on the ground and constantly in the air, so it's even harder for a 4 year old to go through that kind of rigorous flying.

Just make sure the kid gets lots of apple juice and green vegies (anti-oxidants) before and during the flight, since he probably won't take any antioxidant tablets. Constantly moisturise his skin.. or else time won't be gentle to him when he reaches his 20s.

Old Feb 22, 2004, 6:12 pm

Location: SYD: Fly and fly... UA UGS 1K MM, SQ PPS, SPG/PC Platinum
Exactly the first thought I had.

Those cosmic rays have probably done irrepairable damage to his fragile young brain and other assorted tissue and cells. Recall that the radiation dose of one long-haul trip equals to one shot of chest X-ray. This kid is clearly way above the recommended safety limit.

Maybe this is where the SQ company medical director should chip in and warn the customer and guardian.

One other thing. What are the grandparents doing with all their FF points?!?
Old Feb 22, 2004, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

I thought about the fatigue, but not the radiation. Well, I guess you may be right.
Solitaire: 250 sectors minimum.
That is about 15-20 long haul return trips from Jakarta.

StarG
Old Feb 24, 2004, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MillionMiles:
Exactly the first thought I had.

Those cosmic rays have probably done irrepairable damage to his fragile young brain and other assorted tissue and cells. Recall that the radiation dose of one long-haul trip equals to one shot of chest X-ray. This kid is clearly way above the recommended safety limit.

Maybe this is where the SQ company medical director should chip in and warn the customer and guardian.

One other thing. What are the grandparents doing with all their FF points?!?
</font>
You're all sour grapes!
Old Feb 25, 2004, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Buster CT1K:
You're all sour grapes!</font>
Because we don't have a kid that flies 250K since birth or because we don't have the same status as the kid?

Old Feb 25, 2004, 2:02 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
A bit of both !
Old Feb 27, 2004, 2:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by StarG:

StarG
</font>

Wow,
Alot of staff must ask him if hes in the right check in area if he travells alone.

I'm quite young and when i use my *G status to check in at the *G Counter alot of staff ask if im in the right place.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 5:11 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ntddevsys:

Wow,
Alot of staff must ask him if hes in the right check in area if he travells alone.

I'm quite young and when i use my *G status to check in at the *G Counter alot of staff ask if im in the right place.
</font>
i was thinking the opposite actually. if this kid has never checked-in anywhere but the F class lounge or counter, just imagine how bewildered he/she'd look among the unwashed masses on a busy day at EY check-in...
Old Mar 1, 2004, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA MP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Buster CT1K:
You're all sour grapes!</font>
I hate to burst the bubble, however the previously raised concerns are well voiced, and with good reason. I am a doctor, and I would be very concerned, this child has obviously been exposed to a fair amount of radiation, while at the most cellularly prolific time of his life!

Elitism at what cost? Is that card worth it?

[This message has been edited by onlyflybmi/UA (edited Mar 02, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.