Old Aug 29, 2003, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Boeing delivers its 50th triple-7 to SQ

http://wichita.bizjournals.com/wichi...5/daily49.html
Old Aug 29, 2003, 6:05 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I didnt know SQ had that many 777's. I wonder when they will start to tweak their 747-400 fleet (which is also huge).

The question is... will they jettison 747's for A380's or will they buy newer Boeing Jumbo's...?
Old Aug 29, 2003, 9:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
The next question is, when will SQ introduce SkySuites on another a/c type besides the 744? UA puts 12 FSuites on their 777s...c'mon SQ! More SkySuites please.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 11:33 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
If you want to know when the new Suites are coming, you have to ask OneWorldFan...
Old Aug 30, 2003, 12:31 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Please don't start him again.

I doubt there will ever be Skysuites in the 777.

There might even be a new or modified Suite in the A 380 - just a guess !
Old Aug 30, 2003, 7:43 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flamboyant 1:
I doubt there will ever be Skysuites in the 777.
</font>
If UA can have a suite-like product in their 777's, why cant SQ have something similar?

Old Aug 30, 2003, 8:55 am
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
If UA can have a suite-like product in their 777's, why cant SQ have something similar?

</font>
Because SQ schedules its 772ERs on routes where the SkySuites aren't necessary in order to be competitive.

------------------
Continental Airlines - One airline CAN make a difference.
Old Aug 30, 2003, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
UA's 777 First Suites are larger (1" wider) than those on their 744s. In addition to UA,

BA:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t/public/en_us

and AA:
http://www.aa.com/content/aboutAA/ou...cSeating.jhtml

both have suites in their Triple 7 F cabins.

I see no reason other than choice that SQ could not put a SkySuite product in their long-range 777s. If this aircraft is a key part of their long-haul fleet I don't understand why they would not offer their top-of-the-range premium product on it, given that SQ attracts so many full-fare premium customers.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 1:17 pm
In Memoriam

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:
Because SQ schedules its 772ERs on routes where the SkySuites aren't necessary in order to be competitive.
</font>
As long as CX continues to use a universal F seat on all products, this statement is not accurate
Old Sep 1, 2003, 4:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:
</font>
Im not sure where you get the information to base this statement on... but regardless, whats going to happen to SQ's slowly but surely ageing 744 fleet. Isnt the 777 the natural replacement or will SQ just phase those out in favour of the A380?
Old Sep 1, 2003, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B Watson:
As long as CX continues to use a universal F seat on all products, this statement is not accurate</font>
Does CX fly LAX-TPE, YVR-ICN or SFO-ICN nonstop? Last time I checked, the answer was no on all counts.

IMHO, SQ is "guaranteeing" the SkySuites and SpaceBeds on routes where it faces direct flat-seat competition AND can readily capture a substantial share of the J or F (as the case may be) premium traffic. Markets that do not fit both of these criteria are not necessarily guaranteed to receive both products 100% of the time.

------------------
Old Sep 1, 2003, 6:04 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Isn't the 777 the natural replacement or will SQ just phase those out in favour of the A380?</font>
We're talking about SQ here...given what I know about their aircraft buying history, I'd suspect that they'd purchase dozens of 380s and retire half of them BEFORE they are even delivered.

------------------
Old Sep 6, 2003, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B Watson:
As long as CX continues to use a universal F seat on all products</font>
According to B-HXB in the CX forum, All of CX's 343s will be converted to 2-class. FC will go.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 9:47 am

Does CX fly LAX-TPE, YVR-ICN or SFO-ICN nonstop? Last time I checked, the answer was no on all counts.

IMHO, SQ is "guaranteeing" the SkySuites and SpaceBeds on routes where it faces direct flat-seat competition AND can readily capture a substantial share of the J or F (as the case may be) premium traffic. Markets that do not fit both of these criteria are not necessarily guaranteed to receive both products 100% of the time.

</font>
Yes. SQ flies LAX-TPE nonstop with 772ER and has Spacebed. I'm not sure about YVR/SFO-ICN.

------------------
9V-SMU
The 1000th 747
Currently operated by Singapore Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.