Search

SQ lounge access in SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2003, 11:07 am
formerly ssw207
Original Poster

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
SQ lounge access in SFO

Besides the UA RCC, which lounges can I get in with a Biz-class SQ Boarding Pass at SFO? I'm travelling on the SFO-HKG flight tomorrow.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ssw207:
Besides the UA RCC, which lounges can I get in with a Biz-class SQ Boarding Pass at SFO? I'm travelling on the SFO-HKG flight tomorrow.</font>
Only the SQ lounge, other than the RCC.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 3:55 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I thought the SFO SQ lounge had received decent reviews. Is there another 'coveted' lounge thats the one to be in?
Old Jul 22, 2003, 4:08 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I would rather be at Silver Kris Lounge than RCC at SFO. It's small but more comfortable. And I prefer their snacks served than at RCC.

[This message has been edited by CGK (edited 07-22-2003).]
Old Jul 22, 2003, 11:37 pm
formerly ssw207
Original Poster

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
Thanks for the replies! I'm sure the SQ lounge beats the RCC anytime
Old Jul 23, 2003, 3:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
I use the RCC frequently when flying out of SFO, and I am almosr always on UA. Is SQ friendly about allowing United customers use the SQ lounge if you are on a United or on a Lufthansa flight?
Old Jul 23, 2003, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that now both of SQ's flights (SQ 1 and SQ 15) leave around 2 am. Therefore I doubt that the lounge is open before 10 or 11pm which is after the last UA flight has left so I don't think SQ lounge access is possible if you're on a UA flight.....enjoy the crackers and bananas and either begging for a coupon or paying for a drink!
Old Jul 23, 2003, 12:45 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Good point about the departure time. Hence, the meal service onboard will be nothing special. Maybe its best to go for a large (& heavy) steak dinner before going to the airport... board early, change into the sleeper suits and snore away...?
Old Jul 26, 2003, 6:05 am

Location: SYD: Fly and fly... UA UGS 1K MM, SQ PPS, SPG/PC Platinum
Yep. SFO RCC closes its door with the last passenger for UA863 SFO-SYD. As a matter of fact, they would kick you out to give you too much time to walk to the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.