Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

using miles from 3 accounts for 3 tickets in 1 booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

using miles from 3 accounts for 3 tickets in 1 booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: krisflyer
Question using miles from 3 accounts for 3 tickets in 1 booking

hi all,
I would like to book 3 tickets in one flight for me and my family.
Each of us has a KrisFlyer account.
Can I use the miles from all 3 accounts (mix miles and cash) in one booking transaction?
Thank you in advance.
Sorry if this question had been been covered in another thread; I've been searching for it but I could not find it...
I'm new here..
kind regards, Melissa
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Not possible.You'll have to find creative ways to split the miles to book single one ways etc.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:31 am
Original Poster

it's a pity... that takes a lot of effort to book the tickets separately
but thank you for your response!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by melalert
hi all,
I would like to book 3 tickets in one flight for me and my family.
Each of us has a KrisFlyer account.
Can I use the miles from all 3 accounts (mix miles and cash) in one booking transaction?
Thank you in advance.
Sorry if this question had been been covered in another thread; I've been searching for it but I could not find it...
I'm new here..
kind regards, Melissa
You may be able to be successful with this if you call the Krisflyer hotline and explain your situation to an agent, as he may be able to create the three bookings under the same PNR, or at least pull the three bookings together after they will have been created. It won't be possible online, so you would definitely have to talk to a real person. I recommend the Singaporean call centre, as opposed to the ones in other countries, as the SG-based agents are usually a lot more switched on / better trained than the guys at the outstations. Good luck!
davidj1 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I would think with your suggestion you are assuming that the OP has enough miles in each of the KF accounts to make the desired booking for one person on its own and it is merely a question of making three individual bookings and putting them into one PNR with 3 etix numbers. Correct?

I'm not so sure that is the case though as OP mentioned "mix" which could mean several things. Key is that having insufficient miles in one account, but excess miles in another does not mean they can be pooled to make two award bookings fully paid in miles, for example.

Maybe OP can provide more clarity what she is trying to do exactly as it could also be making a paid / cash booking and trying to use some miles to offset oart of the cost (cash & miles)? No idea.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

thank you all for your replies.
actually I want to book an intercontinental return trip.
the miles in each of our account is not enough to cover a whole trip - therefore I want to use the mix miles and cash from each account. Thus using the miles from all 3 accounts to reduce my total cost.
I want to do it in one booking, because if I book each ticket separately, I'm afraid I may end up with one of us not getting a ticket in the same flight.. (in case there are concurrent bookings at the same time)
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:03 pm

I suppose you can tell us what routing exactly you're looking to redeem and how much the miles requirement is per person, and the breakdown of how much each account currently has... perhaps the collective wisdom of the kind folks here at FT can help you with a "workaround".
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
thank you all for your replies.
actually I want to book an intercontinental return trip.
the miles in each of our account is not enough to cover a whole trip - therefore I want to use the mix miles and cash from each account. Thus using the miles from all 3 accounts to reduce my total cost.
I want to do it in one booking, because if I book each ticket separately, I'm afraid I may end up with one of us not getting a ticket in the same flight.. (in case there are concurrent bookings at the same time)
I think in this case you are out of luck. To the best of my knowledge, you need to have enough miles to issue each ticket individually, otherwise it won't work.

For example, if you wanted to book two tickets SIN-LHR return on SQ, then you would need 170k miles for each ticket, and 340k miles in total. So if you have 255k miles in one account, and 85k miles in another account, you would not be able to pool these miles and make the redemption for both tickets. However, as on SQ the cost of a return ticket is the same as two one-ways, you could book 1 return and 1 one-way (Or 3 one-ways) using the 255k from the first account (SIN-LHR-SIN for pax A, and SIN-LHR for pax B), and another one-way (LHR-SIN for pax B) using the 85k miles in the second account. That's the best you can do in your situation.
melalert and trooper like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:42 am

You need to be clearer in expressing what you are looking to do.
1) One can buy commercial tickets and offset the amount with miles, though this is not the best value for miles (IIRC S$0.01 per mile offset).
2) One can also redeem ticket for 1 person and purchase a commercial ticket for the second person, thus the total cost (excluding miles) is halved.

Also, your concern about not able to book on the same flight (only applies to option 2) can be alleviated by calling and reserving the redemption seats into the individual accounts then you can ticket them (including commercial ticket) separately.

I see no issue with ticketing separately other than the chore to do it. Just finished a trip with 5 of us booked using miles from multiple accounts. Just remember to bring a copy of your itineraries, esp if the flights are one-ways and some countries require proof of return ticket (I was asked at my outbound flight at the SQ counter).
melalert likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

What I want to do is option 1 as Fone mentioned.
Thank you all for the useful info. I will try to be creative with my booking
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:09 pm

What I want to do is option 1 as Fone mentioned.
Thank you all for the useful info. I will try to be creative with my booking
As posted, option 2 will give you better value for your miles, if you have sufficient miles within any one or more accounts for at least a one way flight.
Option 1 would be fine if you book separately and if you try to book much more passengers and make sure there is space for all your passengers with spare, then book them individually.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Indeed option 2 would be the best, but my miles is not enough for the whole trip (DUS - DPS return).
I also thought of splitting the trip to DUS-SIN, SIN-DPS so that I can use the miles to redeem the SIN-DPS part, but the price of DUS-SIN turns out to be just as expensive or higher than DUS-DPS without using the miles.
So I can't use option 2 for my next trip.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:21 am

Have you considered buying miles to top up?

​​​​​​https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...iles_TopUp.pdf

Not exceptional value at US$40 per 1,000 miles, but depending on how many miles you already have, and availability of redemption, this may be a quick option and better option than just using miles to offset your cash fare.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:26 am
Original Poster

I did not know about the top-up option before. So thank you for pointing it out to me!
unfortunately I only have 15K miles so it's way too low from what's required for the trip (76K miles).
but I'll check later if I can somehow benefit from the top-up option...
thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: SQ/CX
If your account is too far from a redemption ticket, off set using cash + points may not be the best value, unless it's expiring and you don't know what to do with it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.