Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best lounges at Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Best lounges at Heathrow

Anyone tell me if the Singapore Lounge is the best option at Heathrow T2.

I believe I have the options of Singapore, Air Canada, United or Luthansa lounges at T2.

I will be there around 6pm for approx 1 hour 30 mins before the SQ321.

What is everyones thoughts if you have tried all or any of these lounges.

SheepyAFC

Last edited by SheepyAFC; Mar 19, 2018 at 8:40 am
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Last time I went through 2 years ago I found SQ's gate to be in a satellite section of the terminal where the choice was SQ or Air Canada lounges, both of which are fine.
If you were there for breakfast think maple bacon and the choice should be obvious. Apologies if you are vegetarian.
davidj1 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:52 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
In T2B which is where SQ depart from the choice is SQ, AC or UA. They are quite different lounges and which you will prefer depends a bit on what you are looking for. The UA Business lounge has an amazing bar and good food options - all western and excellent showers. AC is fine but below UA, SQ has a different 'flavour' being an Asian airline but it's still very good.

LH is in T2A and while you will pass close to it and it is a good lounge it's a long way from the gate you will use.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
One of myriad threads - and the most unto date one at the moment - on this topic ... Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I've tried the AC, SQ, MH, and QR lounge. QR Lounge was fantastic.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:59 pm

There is no QR lounge there. They operate from T4.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Phaze
There is no QR lounge there. They operate from T4.
Ah okay, I've only flown on MH and SQ in LHR, can't remember which terminal is which.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for your advise.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Bear in mind you can visit them all if you want. The LH lounges are at the main terminal (Business lounge and Senator lounge which is within the Business lounge complex), but you'll be leaving from the B Gates so you should venture there where the other three lounges are, and the SQ and AC lounges are two sides of the same entrance, so you can visit both very easily. UA is only a few minutes walk away, but its main highlight is the tended bar with cocktails (personally find the UA food inferior to the SQ lounge). Only the SQ lounge has announcements for SQ flights, but you'll find they are each different and all equally new (they all opened within a one year period).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.