Search

Best Book the Cook Choice?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2001, 7:17 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Best Book the Cook Choice?

Relative newbie here. I hope this topic is OK?

My husband and I are off to Bali on SQ Biz class (Delta miles via Amex) next month. I wonder if any of you SQ readers can suggest opinions on meal choices. Are we better off just taking our chances on what is offered without Book the Cook? Since it is over 20 hours of flying I guess we have to eat sometime. Our flight originates in LAX then TPE then SIN. The way home same thing only via Hong Kong. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them.
Old Jul 21, 2001, 8:15 pm

Hey!

Well, my favourite has got to be the Hainanese chicken rice but that is only available for flights out of Singapore longer than 2.5 hours. I think the flight to Bali might just clip that! It is very much as good as those they serve in restaurants! Worth trying if you like Chinese food.
Old Jul 22, 2001, 10:27 am

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
I just flew to BKK on SQ in 1st and used the Book the Cook service on some of the segments. I've also used their J service several times transpacific. On your trip you'll get 4 meals each way. You can Book the Cook on each flight, but the 2nd meal on the transpacific legs will be the regular offering. I would order the Japanese set. It comes in a bento box and is pretty tasty. I actually found that the regular meals are fine. In J SQ seems to load the same number of meals as there are passangers so you might not get your choice of entre. (in J you'll get 3 choices). Other than the Japanese set, I thought the regular meal service was superior to the Book the Cook meals I had.
Old Jul 22, 2001, 9:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
I've always loved the Lobster Thermidor with a side order of the special chili sauce.

Nobbi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.