Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F in SQ7 (LAX-ICN-SIN); Amenity kit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

F in SQ7 (LAX-ICN-SIN); Amenity kit

Writing this from Changi as I just got off SQ7 in F.

SQ’s cost cutting seemed to have progressed. Did not receive a new Ferragamo kit when boarding after the stop at ICN. According to the crew, they are only allocated 1 per passenger and since mine is counted as one flight, I’m not entitled another bag.

Also so not sure what happened but my BTC for ICN-SIN was not loaded.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Did you end up using your kit from the first flight?

Also read here:
Why No Amenity Kit On SQ Business Class

(Business class I know but related to cost cutting)
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by miuk
Writing this from Changi as I just got off SQ7 in F.

SQ’s cost cutting seemed to have progressed. Did not receive a new Ferragamo kit when boarding after the stop at ICN. According to the crew, they are only allocated 1 per passenger and since mine is counted as one flight, I’m not entitled another bag.
That seems pretty sensible.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidj1
Did you end up using your kit from the first flight?

Also read here:
Why No Amenity Kit On SQ Business Class

(Business class I know but related to cost cutting)
I did not use mine as I was still transiting off at Changi, so i wanted to keep the security seal intact in case of liquid issues.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
In my experience this is how they've done for it years. I flew SQ F USA-SIN-vv several times over a period 5-10 years ago and again 2 years ago. Amenity kits were only given on the first flight. PJs were always given again on the 2nd flight.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Loran
In my experience this is how they've done for it years. I flew SQ F USA-SIN-vv several times over a period 5-10 years ago and again 2 years ago. Amenity kits were only given on the first flight. PJs were always given again on the 2nd flight.
Thanks for the clarification. They did provide 2 slippers
As for the pajamas, they handed them out on the first leg from LAX-ICN. Didnt use them as it was too warm in the cabin.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:41 am

OP... did you book your ticket as LAX-SIN or LAX-ICN-SIN? Not sure if it makes a difference?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Are the new amenity kits still gender specific? And if so, can I request a female one?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by JamesHNL
Are the new amenity kits still gender specific? And if so, can I request a female one?
You shouldn't have any problem asking for a female one. Done it countless of times.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
In my experience this has been the cases for quite a few years
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by bagold
In my experience this has been the cases for quite a few years
dunno. I've always gotten 2 PJs and 2 kits on JFK-FRA-SIN.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:29 am

On my limited experience on SQ 11/12, they only give you one amenity kit if you fly from SIN to LAX, but give you a fresh set of amenities - socks/eyeshades/slippers and pajamas on each leg.

However I have also heard that the SIN-ICN segments on SQ 7/8, despite being an overnight flight, no longer has pajama and amenity kit service anymore. SIN-NRT/HND still has the PJ and amenity kit, but not SIN-ICN, even on overnight flights.

Someone can correct me, if I am wrong!

Carfield
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by lazard
dunno. I've always gotten 2 PJs and 2 kits on JFK-FRA-SIN.
Only if I ask... if not they don't offer.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I was surprised not to get an amenity kit in F in SQ2 today SIN-HKG, reminded me of this thread. The crew apologised and said the sector is too short.
I’ve got amenity kits previously in F on the same route when not on SQ2 (which continues to SFO), so not sure if it’s just this particular flight or all shorter flights now.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03
I was surprised not to get an amenity kit in F in SQ2 today SIN-HKG, reminded me of this thread. The crew apologised and said the sector is too short.
I’ve got amenity kits previously in F on the same route when not on SQ2 (which continues to SFO), so not sure if it’s just this particular flight or all shorter flights now.
surprised they handed out amenities on a 2 1/2 hr flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.