Wiki Posts
Search

First Class JPMLS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

First Class JPMLS

Hello,

I am able select Japanese Meal under the special meal selection for my coming trip from LAX to ICN. I was wondering what exactly this meal is going to be like. Is this meal similar to kyo-kaiseki Japanese meal offering that is served between SIN-NRT route? I have read some reports that this is only a 2 course meal, and some members advise this meal is not up to the usual first class standard meal. I am selecting this for the second meal service, and I thank you for your expert opinions.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Is this a Book the Cook selection? If so it should be that - check out the reviews in the Book the Cook thread
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:14 pm

FYI - The "special meal" japanese selection is NOT the kaiseki from BTC
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply. That is what I thought.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:22 am

BTC is only available 30 days to departure. And I believe the Kyo Kaiseki is not a BTC but an onboard option on certain flights (thought it was only SIN-NRT but not positive)
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The Kyo Kaiseki is a BTC option out of Singapore (Suites / First Class) and certainly one of the best meals I've had on board SQ. There has been one occasion when I've seen it offered as part of the regular on-board menu from SIN-NRT, but that was some years back.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by kpottermn
BTC is only available 30 days to departure. And I believe the Kyo Kaiseki is not a BTC but an onboard option on certain flights (thought it was only SIN-NRT but not positive)
30 days??? Where did you get this info from?

I have flights for March end, April and May and all show I’m able to BTC.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Mlee888

30 days??? Where did you get this info from?

I have flights for March end, April and May and all show I’m able to BTC.
Interesting. Singapore told me 30 days after I struggled with getting BTC to load for a September flight. Perhaps it's more and they're just being careful.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Interesting. Singapore told me 30 days after I struggled with getting BTC to load for a September flight. Perhaps it's more and they're just being careful.
My flight in May 2018 opened up BTC in Nov 2017 ... so basically 6 months before so maybe try checking in March (on the same date as your September flight not March 1)
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:03 am

30 days is when you are able to see the inflight menu.

Sometimes the in-flight meal is better than BTC choice so they have done this to minimize those that request changes during flight. Which does happen often.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:07 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by itadakimasu
The Kyo Kaiseki is a BTC option out of Singapore (Suites / First Class) and certainly one of the best meals I've had on board SQ. There has been one occasion when I've seen it offered as part of the regular on-board menu from SIN-NRT, but that was some years back.
In first class any flight to or from Japan has kyo kaiseki on the onboard menu and also in book the cook.

In business class any flight to or from Japan has hana koreiki on the onboard menu (but not book the cook).
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Hi there, anyone know if ex-SIN in F the Kyo-Kaiseki from the dinner BTC is the same as the one from the BTC breakfast menu?
Thinking of ordering it for breakfast so I can order another substantial meal from the dinner menu 1am departure to London, supper menu on board only)
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:12 am

Not the same
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (24), Qatar Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite RA, ACCOR Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Had this just last week and has been already stated, the breakfast Kyo-Kaiseki option is completely different to the lunch or dinner - I had it for both breakfast and lunch and really enjoyed it!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Very good to know. Thanks for the responses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.