Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking segments as they come availiable

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Booking segments as they come availiable

Hello. New to FT, thanks to everyone for all the great information!

I'm trying to plan a trip from the US to Bali sometime in the future and want to get the A380 Suites (JFK > FRA > SIN or SIN > FRA > JFK). Through my own searching and reading others, I realize that from the US this will be very difficult (at least at Saver level). However, people seem to have more luck getting Saver awards for this on the return. I'm going to start waitlisting pretty much every segment I can, however I wanted to double check with you all my ability to combine confirmed segments at a later date once the entire trip becomes available?

Here is an example:
SIN-FRA F-class (Saver) 115k miles
FRA-JFK F-class (Saver) 76k miles
SIN-JFK (Through FRA) F-class (Saver) 120k miles

In my mind, snagging any segment is a no-brainer as worst case I pay the $30 cancellation. Best case it gives me some leverage to ask (and beg) the KrisFlyer booking agent to open up space for my complete flight. Just want to make sure that the booking agent will be able to "combine" two bookings and get the corrected price (essentially canceling the two individual segments at 115k/76k and booking the complete path at the 120k price)?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.