Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Visualizing a year of Singapore Suites award availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visualizing a year of Singapore Suites award availability

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vandekeybuslouisa
Hey, I am not familiar with QlikView and donwloaded the the app onto my desktop QlikView Personal use. However when I click on the link from Singapore Airlines I receive the message that I can only see my own work and do not have access to others. Can someone from this forum explain in details (with screenshots even better) what to do exactly to install to proper software in order to be able to use this great tool. I spent now more than 3 hours to find out how it works, but without any luck. Many thanks for your kind help.
You spent more than 3 hours but didn't read the instructions provided in the zip file? :-)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:17 am

Hello,

I finally could open the ZIP file, but when I follow the instructions to download iMacros for Chrome , either through the direct link or to the store, I always receive the link is not safe and does not allow me to continue. When I try with internet explorer, Windows 10, it allows to download but then refers to google chrome to download. So I am stuck in a loop. I really want this to work for me, since we have Krisflyer Gold members in our family who loose a lot of time searching for availability for saver award. Many thanks for your kind help.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I finally could open the ZIP file, but when I follow the instructions to download iMacros for Chrome , either through the direct link or to the store, I always receive the link is not safe and does not allow me to continue. When I try with internet explorer, Windows 10, it allows to download but then refers to google chrome to download. So I am stuck in a loop. I really want this to work for me, since we have Krisflyer Gold members in our family who loose a lot of time searching for availability for saver award. Many thanks for your kind help.
There are 2 iMacros programs I mentioned. If your issue is with the first, I'm not sure how that can be. The Chrome add-in is hosted by Google itself, so Chrome certainly should not be blocking the download. The second program, which is a standalone Windows executable, you can download with any browser if for some reason your Chrome security settings are set too high to let you download it.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:13 pm

Many thanks for your help. I am one step further now, but I haven't got a clue how to save the iMacros script into the folder (iMacros Script.iim). Sorry for all these questions, but as you probably know I am not good with all this material. I just hope I will be able to install the program. Once this will be done, it will be so helpful. But hopefully you will guide the path for me.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks for your help. I am one step further now, but I haven't got a clue how to save the iMacros script into the folder (iMacros Script.iim). Sorry for all these questions, but as you probably know I am not good with all this material. I just hope I will be able to install the program. Once this will be done, it will be so helpful. But hopefully you will guide the path for me.
You need to put the iim file that's in the zip in the folder I specified. Just open any Windows explorer window (like My Computer) and paste the folder path into the address bar.

I'll be honest, a certain amount of technical background was kind of implicitly assumed when writing the code. I'm not sure you're going to be able to run the tool on your own, unfortunately.
daft009 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:10 pm

I saved the iMacros script in the folder, but somehow when Notepad is opened and I want open the IMacros script, it always asks me for a file name. That field is blank. Tomorrow I will have a further look. Hopefully I will continue with one step a day to reach the goal.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by vgutkovsky
Correct. You would need to change 3 things for J availability:
  1. In the iMacros code, change line 75 to select Business from the drop-down menu
  2. In the QlikView code script (CTRL+E) under the Combinations tab, add or delete rows under airports_temp in the same format as what's already there, which is 2 comma-separated fields. The first field should be the 3-letter airport code. The second field should be enclosed in double quotes and should match what's in the Singapore site drop-down menu exactly (including capitalization).
  3. In the QlikView code script under the Data tab, you'll need to update line 39. This logic fixes a strange SQ "feature" which is that when first class is not available, the site returns economy class availability (which we obviously don't want when searching for Suites). Fortunately, they at least put up a message that "FIRST CLASS is unavailable" when they do that. This code block searches for that message. I don't know what the message would say if there's no business class availability. Presumably "BUSINESS CLASS is unavailable" but I don't know.
Also, I just noticed a bug in the QlikView app and uploaded a fixed version, so download that.
my efforts have been thwarted, no file opening access (to open the csv) allowed in the imacros free version (i had already dabbled in it previously).
Will see if I can buy the personal version to get it up and running
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daft009
my efforts have been thwarted, no file opening access (to open the csv) allowed in the imacros free version (i had already dabbled in it previously).
Will see if I can buy the personal version to get it up and running
Oh, that's a bummer, didn't realize. I'll update the instructions to indicate that a license of iMacros is needed. Personal edition costs $100 if you want a legal license. I believe they have also a 30 day evaluation that you can download before buying.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:56 pm

thanks mate.
yeah, will look at installing it on another PC to have a play first
will then commit to the $100 personal plan.

I had already dabbled in imacros 3-4 months ago with the file access plug-in, not realising it was a trial.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:01 pm

Hi vgutkovsky,
I am wondering if you can help to run another round of Saver Award for SQ232 New Suite route SYD-SIN? Many thanks! (of course this is not asking for order, just simply begging for a favor )
Old May 16, 2018, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Since you asked so nicely :-) Sorry I don't have better news for you.

By the way, for everyone else, looks like there's an added level of complexity that's needed for the DIY solution. SQ has gotten wise to my tricks, so after 70-ish requests will display an "Access Denied" page. To get around this, you need to (a) clear temporary internet files and cookies, (b) fully close the browser, and (c) get a new IP address via some VPN software (I like PIA).

Troopers, daft009 and davidj1 like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Revenue ticket it is!

Thanks for the update.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Lots of standard-level availability though. 150K miles instead of 80K.

Old May 16, 2018, 5:19 pm

Thank you,
I guess the pattern is they allow saver waitlist up to about 14 days from today onward, although still won't guaratee a seat so pretty hard on travel planning
Old May 16, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Results are not surprising given how popular the new suites are for award travel. When the first suites came out, saver award wasn't even something they made available and you had to do a full award for like a million miles or something equally absurd. To have wait-list available is an improvement, but hopefully this doesn't become a permanent 'enhancement' to availability and once the 'hype' is gone advance saver availability will return (maybe in a year or two).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.