Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking SQ J (or F) using other FFP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Booking SQ J (or F) using other FFP

Just wondering which route does SQ normally release J (or F) to partner airlines, I have good experiences for intra-Asia. I read from TPG that SIN-Australia/NZ, middle east and few cities in Europe have lots of availability, but from my experience I only see it in IST and PER.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Seems like no body knows here. Mod, please move this to the Star Alliance group. Thank you.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
For J awards on most partners, it depends on operating aircraft on longer (6hr +) routes. So to Australia, where flights are operated be aircraft equipped with regionally configured product in 2-2-2 configuration you will get access (PER, ADL, BNE & CBR, with some 3x weekly MEL service 247/8 sometimes also available). For longer hauls, I would not expect any availability. For short hauls, I believe they are made available on most aircraft type. I know two years ago the LH Miles & More program could access business class awards on longer flights equipped with long haul (1-2-1) product. Certainly could between MEL & SIN. Not sure if that is still the case.

Best place is to go is United or Aeroplan websites and search for the dates/routes you want, they are a good guide - although don't always correlate exactly to other carriers.

F is more difficult.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:58 pm

As above, I've just redeemed rt SINMEL on A333 regional J last night. 4 seats available.
Sometimes you could access SQ B77W/A388 J but is rare! I've done this on kangaroo & once on CDG route (not phantom and again is rare).
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I have done earlier this year, MEL-SIN-LHR (SQ) - FRA-BSL MUC-SIN (LH)-MEL(SQ) award in business via M&M.
lokijuh likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all. I want to use up some of my M&B miles from A3. The only longhaul in J to Europe that was available was SIN-IST, I would much prefer SIN-CDG/LHR on SQ.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by terbangalways
As above, I've just redeemed rt SINMEL on A333 regional J last night. 4 seats available.
Sometimes you could access SQ B77W/A388 J but is rare! I've done this on kangaroo & once on CDG route (not phantom and again is rare).
I would love to try the upper deck business class. Do they operate in intra-asia?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Jma12
I would love to try the upper deck business class. Do they operate in intra-asia?
HKG (SQ860) is operated with the A380.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:36 am

Yes as tango3 pointed.
HKG requires the least miles for SQ A388. Followed by China.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Yes as tango3 pointed.
HKG requires the least miles for SQ A388. Followed by China.
I will be using A3 miles in this case, and it is the same amount of miles. I would prefer the long haul intra Asia, do the operate to TYO or Indonesia by any chance?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Thank you all. I want to use up some of my M&B miles from A3. The only longhaul in J to Europe that was available was SIN-IST, I would much prefer SIN-CDG/LHR on SQ.
A3 M&B miles cannot book on 77W, A359 and A380 J&F awards. You're only stuck with 772, 772ER, 773 and A333 aircrafts
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:51 pm

I will be using A3 miles in this case, and it is the same amount of miles. I would prefer the long haul intra Asia, do the operate to TYO or Indonesia by any chance?
I'm not sure about A3 rates. Only KF.
Both TYO has long haul J that might be blocked for partners. CGK & DPS operated by SQ regional J, however rest of Indon is MI. MI is kinda like low cost airlines with frills included. Narrow body plane.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
A3 M&B miles cannot book on 77W, A359 and A380 J&F awards. You're only stuck with 772, 772ER, 773 and A333 aircrafts
Thank you! It looks like I am out of luck using M&B miles on the A380. The best intra Asia "long-haul" I could find was A330 departing from ICN-SIN, I will most likely take that at this point.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

I'm not sure about A3 rates. Only KF.
Both TYO has long haul J that might be blocked for partners. CGK & DPS operated by SQ regional J, however rest of Indon is MI. MI is kinda like low cost airlines with frills included. Narrow body plane.
I don't think I can redeem for MI using M&B, but for 2 hours I might as well buy the ticket with cash and fly Y on SQ or GA to CGK or DPS.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
A380/77W/A350 intra-asia biz cant be booked by M&B, or any other airline miles. They are blocked. You could get lucky with an odd flight here and there, but dont plan on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.