Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in MAN from DUB

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus, HiltonHonors, National Emerald Club
Connecting in MAN from DUB

I'm flying from DUB-MAN on Aer Lingus, connecting to SQ52 to IAH. I have a US passport. I haven't been able to find a clear answer on if I will have to clear customs at MAN after landing, and if not, if I'm able to transfer to Terminal 2 air side, or if I am required to checkin curbside and proceed through security again. Can anyone shed light on this? I've allowed 2:45 for the connection so am not worried about time, just want an idea of what to expect. Thank you!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
I did EI DUB-MAN + SQ MAN-SIN some months ago, perhaps it was May.

Separate tickets, but the bag was checked through - was a travel agency booking and somehow the tickets were linked. Confusing.

In any event, I don't think staying airside is possible. I went landside and it was perhaps a 10min walk to SQ check-in desks. Got the priority security ticket there.

Arrival at MAN - no immigration and unlikely that customs would take much time either. So basically you just walk through - unless if you have to wait for your bag.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus, HiltonHonors, National Emerald Club
Thank you for your help. So it sounds like I'll be forced curbside.

I suppose I won't have any luck upgrading to premium economy as *S on a Q fare, ha ha ha...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.