Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Possible to change ticket from *A award to SQ award?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

We want to book SIN-LHR on an award but there is no availability at the moment, so we are considering to book SQ on the longhaul followed by a *A connection (i.e. SIN-MUC/FRA/ZRH/CPH-LHR).

First of all, I am correct in assuming that this the right award chart? https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...Trip_Jul16.pdf

Second, if last moment availability opens up on SIN-LHR, how easy is it to switch? We are not going to have enough miles in our accounts for new award tickets, so ideally we would like to change tickets by paying any difference in miles and fees. Is this possible?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:07 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Keep in mind that when you use the * Alliance chart, you cannot have a stopover longer than 4 hours.

You should be able to waitlist and if it clears move the difference in miles into your account and reissue your ticket for a nominal change fee ($20-$30)
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by daveland
Keep in mind that when you use the * Alliance chart, you cannot have a stopover longer than 4 hours.

You should be able to waitlist and if it clears move the difference in miles into your account and reissue your ticket for a nominal change fee ($20-$30)
4 hrs is only for intra-NorthAmerica segments.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ppsclub_krisflyer/termsconditions-kf/

J.2.j

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.