Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Flying SQ Y, non-status SQKF number on ticket, using AC Gold to enter lounge problem

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying SQ Y, non-status SQKF number on ticket, using AC Gold to enter lounge problem

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM

I am currently sitting in the generic lounge at Yangon airport flying on SQ to Singapore. Because I am switching to Krisflier (much better redemption in Asia compared to Air Canada), I have put the Krisflier number into my booking and used my AC Gold card to enter the lounge.

First it took the agent a long phone call to confirm that I was allowed to use the lounge with a Start Alliance Gold card, then she realized that the number on the boarding pass didn't match my AC Gold card and called her supervisor who insisted that I had my boarding pass changed to the AC number.
Even after I explained that I would like to collect miles on my Krisflier account, she insisted that it was this airport's policy to only allow lounge access if boarding pass and FF card match.

After spending 15 minutes just to be able to enter the lounge I just told her to do whatever they wanted.

Is this something I missed or misunderstand? I always thought that it was ok to use a different frequent flier number on the ticket but enter with another Star Gold card.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
I have done this before in the past where I used another gold card to access the lounge but miles are credited to non-status KF FFP. However, that was in SG, where I believe the agents are familiar with the rules.

When using contracted lounges, it will probably depend on what the agent has been told to do. Maybe after the entry to the lounge, you can call the SQ hotline to change the FFP back to KF?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Is this something I missed or misunderstand?
Yes - you have a higher expectation than you should.

It is a contract lounge. It is obvious that the staffs may not familiar with the *A lounge access policy. And you made this even more complicated by creating to a program that you are not *G.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:03 pm

SQ's system allows one to put in 2 FFP values into the same reservation. If you want to earn SQKF miles but want to use your AC*G privileges, you could get the agent to key the AC*G number into the FQTP portion, and then the SQKF number into the FQTV portion. That will allow you to gain easier access to *G lounges without even needing to show your AC card.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by lowjhg
If you want to earn SQKF miles but want to use your AC*G privileges, you could get the agent to key the AC*G number into the FQTP portion, and then the SQKF number into the FQTV portion.
We are talking about RGN. Are you sure you should hold them to such higher standard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.