Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Arrivals Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by spk307
The landslide lounge is covered by priority pass. So essentially free for 3 hours. Though you have to pay for shower.
So the OP has to pay to get a shower, free gets him a drink perhaps? And if he has a Priority Pass!
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: LH, BA
Originally Posted by oceanscape
Thanks both. Must say that it is rather poor that SQ do not offer an arrivals lounge at their home airport! Very disappointing for a supposedly flagship carrier.
As stated, this is not Europe. Most hotels have no problem checking you in early. If they cannot due to high occupation, they should be able to arrange for spa access so you can take a shower. No need to spend more time than necessary in an airport, does it?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:02 am

You've missed the point. What if you need to head straight to meetings? Not to mention that SQ positions itself as a premium brand.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by Phaze
You've missed the point. What if you need to head straight to meetings? Not to mention that SQ positions itself as a premium brand.
Yup. That's why I try to stay with OW as they seem to have adopted the Arrivals Lounge concept rather more than the Star Alliance. I am flying into MUC on LH and just discovered there is no Arrivals Lounge there either.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Logistics don't justify an arrivals lounge for the SIN airport. Most passengers use SIN as a transit hub, and based on that most have connecting flights premium cabin passengers and those with status will access the lounges when in transit. So the option for the rest who are flying into SIN for business can afford to pay for the Pay Per Use lounges if they really have to.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by Phaze
You've missed the point. What if you need to head straight to meetings?
Take an earlier flight and check into a hotel. If you can afford bus or first class you (or your organisation) should give you more leave from work for travelling on an earlier flight.

Nevertheless there are plenty of options in the airport for pay per hour hotels or lounges with showers if needed.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:30 am

Yeah, thanks david I'll run it by the C-suite. Along with completely changing our work and when we do it
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by oceanscape
Is there an arrivals lounge for SQ business pax at SIN and, if not, is there an arrivals lounge we can pay to enter?

Our flight arrives from LHR early in the AM and doubt our hotel (MBS) will let us check-in much before 3pm so we'd like to freshen up somewhere. I guess we could consider a "day room" at Crowne Plaza if necessary.
As mentioned by others, just talk to the hotel. (MBS = Marina Bay Sands, right?). Worst case, just pay for the shower at the airport. Not to be cynical, but flying in business on SQ, and staying at MBS, implies you can afford it.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:49 pm

You don't mention which class your booked in, F passengers have access to The Private Room all day on arrival, details here in the last few pages of TPR access thread here. (Keep your boarding pass)

As the lounges are still airside if you have hold luggage you'll have to collect it from left luggage once exiting airport.

Just reread to see you were asking for business, sorry.

Last edited by oxfordjames; Jul 6, 2017 at 3:55 pm Reason: Reread original post
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:06 am

Sorry to revive the dead, but I just wanted to confirm that the info here is still accurate: Arriving in SIN on SQ in J (*G); have connecting flight 14 hours later (also J): can I enter the airside lounge on arrival for a shower before heading into town? How busy is the lounge/shower at 07:30 on a weekday? I have Priority Pass, but the paid arrival lounge showers usually have a long wait on arrival and no sense paying more for less.

Thank you
ps107 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by downinit
Sorry to revive the dead, but I just wanted to confirm that the info here is still accurate: Arriving in SIN on SQ in J (*G); have connecting flight 14 hours later (also J): can I enter the airside lounge on arrival for a shower before heading into town? How busy is the lounge/shower at 07:30 on a weekday? I have Priority Pass, but the paid arrival lounge showers usually have a long wait on arrival and no sense paying more for less.

Thank you
Yes you can use the J lounge as you have have a connecting less than 24 hours later in J. There shouldn't be any wait for showers.

FWIW, priority pass lounges are ok too. I find the showers busier in the evenings than mornings. Shower usage is included in the priority pass lounge access in SIN (Dnata, Plaza Premium, SATS...etc)
downinit likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by downinit
Sorry to revive the dead,
You shouldn’t be.... that would be miraculous
Old Jul 13, 2023, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
There are no arrival lounges in Singapore unless you have a same day connecting flight.

Pay Lounges:
http://www.changiairport.com/en/airp...e-lounges.html

Or else:
https://www.crowneplazadining.com/in...t/day-use-room

And see this:
http://dossierluxus.com/singapore-ai...les-clarified/
Is this post still accurate?

Might be flying to SIN in 2024 and arriving very early. Can't check into my hotel until much later after I arrive.

I'd be interested in using my DragonPass for Lounge Access. Wondering if there is ANY lounge access available for arriving passengers under any program?
All I could find online on the Dragon Pass Website - LINK - unclear if arriving passengers have access.

Last edited by searchinfordeals; Jul 13, 2023 at 9:58 pm Reason: updating spelling and grammar.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by searchinfordeals

Might be flying to SIN in 2024 and arriving very early. Can't check into my hotel until much later after I arrive.

I'd be interested in using my DragonPass for Lounge Access. Wondering if there is ANY lounge access available for arriving passengers under any program?
All I could find online on the Dragon Pass Website - LINK - unclear if arriving passengers have access.

Still very new to FT and finding my way around ....

Is there a better forum where I can ask this question in FT to get some help?
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:31 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by searchinfordeals

If it's a paid lounge I don't see why they would deny you access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.