Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Standard + Partner Award?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

SQ Standard + Partner Award?

Hello, I would like to book a ticket on SQ using SQ miles. I see a one-way award JFK-FRA for 80k at the standard level in business class. However, I want to fly to FLR. I see that Lufthansa has business class availability FRA-FLR.

How many miles would it cost to fly JFK-FRA-FLR, with the first leg on SQ and the second leg on LH, both in business?

I see 130k miles for a standard award in F. How many miles would it be (would it be even possible to fly) JFK-FRA in F and FRA-FLR in LH J?

Thanks in advance - I have never redeemed SQ miles and appreciate the help!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:44 pm

You can't combine a Standard award with Star flights - you will have to pay for two separate awards.

Check with SQ whether this can be done under one PNR, though - it will help in cases of disruption and delay to the first flight (whereas there will be no protection if ticketed under two separate PNRs).
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:22 pm

you can redeem as a Star Alliance award, which allow you to combine *A partners and SQ.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by jjjohn
you can redeem as a Star Alliance award, which allow you to combine *A partners and SQ.
Originally Posted by stargold
You can't combine a Standard award with Star flights - you will have to pay for two separate awards.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by crimson12
Hello, I would like to book a ticket on SQ using SQ miles. I see a one-way award JFK-FRA for 80k at the standard level in business class. However, I want to fly to FLR. I see that Lufthansa has business class availability FRA-FLR.
You can redeem as *A award as JJJohn pointed below. Keep in mind that there will be SQ imposed surcharges to fly SQ A388/B77W metal. And this surcharge is quiet significant.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by terbangalways
You can redeem as *A award as JJJohn pointed below. Keep in mind that there will be SQ imposed surcharges to fly SQ A388/B77W metal. And this surcharge is quiet significant.
For *A, generally you can only combine saver SQ metal with partner

(*A one-way is usually cheaper than SQ standard one-way, doesn't make sense for SQ to allow redeeming via *A, outside of tehnical glitches)
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Keep in mind that there will be SQ imposed surcharges to fly SQ A388/B77W metal. And this surcharge is quiet significant.
What is this "A388/B77W surcharge" you speak of? No such thing for redemptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.