Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

May 2017 updates to PPS program: solitaire after S$50k/yr and more!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum

Thoughts?

From 1 June 17

Earn in a single calendar year:
* S$30,000 - 2x vouchers to earn 2x KF miles for a single segment
* S$40,000 - 50,000 miles redemption discount on your next award flight or upgrade

Other perks
* Non-expiry of miles. Now, your KrisFlyer miles will not expire as long as you remain a PPS Club member.
* Priority redemption. You will be given priority to Saver Awards flight availability.
* Preferred seating. Enjoy complimentary Preferred Seats when you fly in Premium Economy Class or Economy Class on Singapore Airlines, and Economy Class on SilkAir.
* Priority immigration. Fast track your way through selected airports.

From 1 June 2018
Solitaire re-qualification changes:
* Previous: get S$250k over 5 years, and keep with S$25k in a year (6 year reserve)
* New: spend S$50k in a year, and keep with S$50k in a year (3 year reserve)

Last edited by shuuy; Jun 1, 2017 at 10:36 pm
Old May 29, 2017, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Seems mostly positive
- perks @ $30k and $40k (although small)
- "priority redemption" (we will see)
- easier to earn solitaire

However
- harder to keep solitaire (reads as if you need S$50k every year to keep it, despite previous reserve)
- wonder what else is out there?
Old May 30, 2017, 12:10 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Changes are reflected in the website for details:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...psclub-changes

There are more perks now for Solitaire PPS members who fly frequently with significant reserve value. This include one advance upgrade cabin at point of booking.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Lifetime Gold
@60k, 2x upgrade that clear at 48 hours prior to departure
@75k, 1x upgrade, confirmed at booking
@100K, 1x upgrade, confirmed at booking

sounds interesting, there was never any upgrade opportunities before. I suppose this can be used for business to suites upgrades? that will be amazing.

Wonder what are the expiration dates for these upgrades?
Old May 30, 2017, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by raptor112011
@60k, 2x upgrade that clear at 48 hours prior to departure
@75k, 1x upgrade, confirmed at booking
@100K, 1x upgrade, confirmed at booking

sounds interesting, there was never any upgrade opportunities before. I suppose this can be used for business to suites upgrades? that will be amazing.

Wonder what are the expiration dates for these upgrades?
May clear.

The expiration policy is linked on the page mentioned above.

Remains to be seen if they'll block J upgrades into the forthcoming A380 F product.

The 30k "perk" is hilarious.

Why not offer WiFi to Solitaire members? I can spend 100k a year and still have to fork out for internet access. Makes sense.

Doesn't look like they've clarified if the one cabin upgrades will come from the revenue bucket or from award inventory. I can't imagine it being the latter. Gonna be a bit busier in F after these changes.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Lifetime Gold
Agree, there is zero way it comes from revenue bucket. Almost certainly from award bucket.

So this will make award F hard, but award J easier? Since I assume you can apply the upgrade to an award J ticket?
Old May 30, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
It's a good thing I have a fair bit of reserve value stocked up - $50k a year to keep my Solitaire is doable but going to be more challenging, and means I can't change my role to a regional one ... LOL

Welcome the no expiry date of KF miles. I park a fair bit of miles with LH because of that.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by fimo
It's a good thing I have a fair bit of reserve value stocked up - $50k a year to keep my Solitaire is doable but going to be more challenging, and means I can't change my role to a regional one ... LOL

Welcome the no expiry date of KF miles. I park a fair bit of miles with LH because of that.
If you are already a TPP, you will continue to renew under the old scheme which is $25k per year. So, lucky you!!

However if even for one year you drop out from TPP, then you'd have to requalify and renew under the new $50k per year scheme.
Old May 30, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by pokfur
If you are already a TPP, you will continue to renew under the old scheme which is $25k per year. So, lucky you!!

However if even for one year you drop out from TPP, then you'd have to requalify and renew under the new $50k per year scheme.
Woah I clearly didn't read the changes all the way to the end! Phew, and yes - lucky me indeed. I have enough reserve value socked away for a few years so I should be good until the next round of changes
Old May 31, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Anybody got any idea how does the new saver redemption priority works? Non PPS will automatically go to waitlist until certain date?
Old May 31, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by williamluk
Anybody got any idea how does the new saver redemption priority works? Non PPS will automatically go to waitlist until certain date?
Has me worried as well...
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:16 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Well that was fast. Email today with the initial batch of earned milestone rewards. Validity is limited to one year from date reward is issued. Can be managed online or by phone.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: FB Platinum
mirroring concerns voiced by other non-PPS members too. now that its 1 june, any data points for saver redemption priority? for e.g. award flight search showing only wait-list when not logged in, but shows availability once logged into PPS account
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Here you go. Random flight pair I searched for:

9 May 2018
SIN-LHR

PPS Account:

Non-PPS Account:

I'm sure there are more examples.

I also logged into a Solitaire account and it seems like they still get a leg up over QPPS for Economy Class redemption as they still can view the 'M' bucket fare.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: FB Platinum
thanks! damn, thats awesome from a PPS member point of view. i see that for non-PPS, it was not even listed as available for wait-list but a straight 'Not available'. wonder what that means in terms of which bucket the priority awards are taken from.

its comforting, at least for now, to see that at least there are awards available for non-PPS, instead of a straight default wait list as feared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.