Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Complicated, hoping experts out there can help(change/cancel/re-route options)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,
seeking the expertise on the following situation and best way to tackle it.

We currently have the following 2 bookings

booking 1 First Saver
28th SEPT LHR>SIN
5TH OCT SIN>MEL

booking 2 Business Saver
SEPT 29 SIN>NRT
OCT 4 NRT > SIN

we are looking to extend our stay in Japan for a few more days, therefore looking to adjust the following 2 flights
Oct 4 NRT>SIN to October 7 (No business savers available)
5th Oct SIN>MEL to OCT 8 (First Savers Available)

in my head it sounds complicate but i'm hoping the brains trust out there has a simple or best option to move these around minimising a)fees b)new tickets issued at higher redemption rate.

scenarios flowing through my head are

SIN>MEL Change date from Oct 5 to Oct 8, no issue as there is availability
NRT>SIN Oct 7 , No business saver available
Since no business award availability might not be an option at all

NRT>SIN Change from Business to First Saver
2 different classes on one booking, not sure if or how that would work.

SIN>MEL cancel leg
change NRT>SIN in Business Saver to NRT>MEL First Saver(available)

Similar to 3, but cancelling leg instead of changing class
Cancel SIN>MEL leg
Cancel NRT>SIN leg
Book NRT straight through to MEL First Saver instead of Business
Not sure if they will then re-ticket each leg which may

Seeking any suggestions or advice on the best way to tackle the above situation. Have i missed an alternative option that is achievable?

Anything specific i should be asking for, or key words to use so the CR knows what i am talking about?

Again, thanks in advance as i know this ones a complicated one(for me anyway). In the end we might just have to suck it up.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:20 pm

if no saver is available now, it "might" open up closer to departure, but i wouldn't bet on it.
do call CS as they might have some seats open when is not avail online. did it few times.

any downgrade/upgrade is possible, but will have to be re-issued IMO.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
I think any cancellation or change of class will require a re-issuing of ticket, which means the higher rates.

I have not done the math but option 2 will only require you to reissue the NRT ticket. It is possible to do SIN-NRT J and NRT-SIN F on the same ticket. You'd have to phone in to ticket it but it's not complicated at all.

In option 3, cancelling the SIN-MEL leg will likely require you to reissue LHR-SIN at the new rates. However, issuing as NRT-MEL in one ticket with a stopover in SIN may save you some miles as opposed to two separate tickets for NRT-SIN and SIN-MEL.

Option 3 and 4 are essentially the same in terms of reissuing tickets and miles required. So i'd really only compared option 2 and 3 to see which option requires less miles overall.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Schumi5
Hi All,
seeking the expertise on the following situation and best way to tackle it.

We currently have the following 2 bookings

booking 1 First Saver
28th SEPT LHR>SIN
5TH OCT SIN>MEL

booking 2 Business Saver
SEPT 29 SIN>NRT
OCT 4 NRT > SIN

we are looking to extend our stay in Japan for a few more days, therefore looking to adjust the following 2 flights
Oct 4 NRT>SIN to October 7 (No business savers available)
5th Oct SIN>MEL to OCT 8 (First Savers Available)

in my head it sounds complicate but i'm hoping the brains trust out there has a simple or best option to move these around minimising a)fees b)new tickets issued at higher redemption rate.

scenarios flowing through my head are

NRT>SIN Oct 7 , No business saver available
Since no business award availability might not be an option at all

NRT>SIN Change from Business to First Saver
2 different classes on one booking, not sure if or how that would work.

SIN>MEL cancel leg
change NRT>SIN in Business Saver to NRT>MEL First Saver(available)

Similar to 3, but cancelling leg instead of changing class
Cancel SIN>MEL leg
Cancel NRT>SIN leg
Book NRT straight through to MEL First Saver instead of Business
Not sure if they will then re-ticket each leg which may

Seeking any suggestions or advice on the best way to tackle the above situation. Have i missed an alternative option that is achievable?

Anything specific i should be asking for, or key words to use so the CR knows what i am talking about?

Again, thanks in advance as i know this ones a complicated one(for me anyway). In the end we might just have to suck it up.
Have you tried HND-SIN instead? There is a possibility that any change to HND might not incur the reissuing of a ticket.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help everyone, Have looked at the HND option but again only waitlist or nothing available on the dates. I think im going to have to wait to see if flights open up, or try calling and speaking to a CSR and hope i get lucky in getting them to either push seats through or change class without having to incur the extra miles charge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.