Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Upgrading Singapore economy (K and V) using AmEx points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle

Hello,

I have an upcoming flight on SQ but I am booked into K on the way out (LHR-SIN) and V on return (MNL-LHR) which I know cannot be upgraded using KrisFlyer miles.

I have a pile of Amex MR points that I'm happy to use and I was wondering if there are any tricks out to get an upgrade via a partner airline. For example, I noticed that you can use Miles & More points to upgrade any booking class on SQ. Unfortunately Miles & More isn't a UK AmEx partner but it made me wonder if there are other opportunities that I'm missing?

Also, I think the answer is no but are they likely to offer reward upgrade 48 hours before the flight if the loads are looking low?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.