Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 5:09 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by kupest
So getting offered Ahmedabad (India) to Singapore business class upgrade for 183 usd (6 hours)
and Singapore to Auckland Premium economy upgrade for 346 usd. (10-11 hours)

Should I go for it? I am not sure of the premium economy worth but it is a 10-11 hour flight
183 is a no brainer take
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Firemansam
I think MySQupgradr is only offered to the next cabin. So if you're in Y then they won't offer you J
not true. There should be 2 offer (to PE n J)
fakecd and Firemansam like this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by kupest
So getting offered Ahmedabad (India) to Singapore business class upgrade for 183 usd (6 hours)
and Singapore to Auckland Premium economy upgrade for 346 usd. (10-11 hours)

Should I go for it? I am not sure of the premium economy worth but it is a 10-11 hour flight
Re: SIN-AKL, not worth it in my mind. I had paid NZ$550 for that same upgrade and regretted it. SQ PE is a pretty average product, 8 across in 359 with average legroom and Y food. Also PE had to share the same lavatories with Y which to me was a massive pet peeve.

Although not related to your question, but PE on NZ is a far superior product and NZ$550 would've have worthed every cent.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.

Last edited by akl_cat; Mar 15, 2024 at 4:58 am
Old Mar 19, 2024, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
HKG-SIN / SIN-BKK : Economy (W) to Business
a total of HKD 3812 to upgrade both segments
tempting
Old Mar 20, 2024, 6:37 am

Was about to upgrade on LHR to SIN from PE (standard ticket) to Business.

Had entered payment details and when I clicked submit, I was told the upgrade was no longer available, someone else must be very quick!

I can see there are still business seats for purchase, does anyone know if these may appear for upgrade later, or is it worth asking at check-in?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 9:55 pm

First time flyer on Singapore Airlines in April. I'm booked on PE from BOM-SIN-SFO. Curious on how upgrades work. I don't have any status on KrisFlyer and literally just signed up.
  1. Are upgrade offers sent out to folks regardless of status?
  2. When does this process start?
  3. Right now, it will cost me approx. $10K USD to upgrade to business for cash. What does FT think about this - should I wait? What kind of offer should I expect?
  4. How do I know what the availability is currently?
Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:33 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by unknownrendezvous
First time flyer on Singapore Airlines in April. I'm booked on PE from BOM-SIN-SFO. Curious on how upgrades work. I don't have any status on KrisFlyer and literally just signed up.
  1. Are upgrade offers sent out to folks regardless of status?
  2. When does this process start?
  3. Right now, it will cost me approx. $10K USD to upgrade to business for cash. What does FT think about this - should I wait? What kind of offer should I expect?
  4. How do I know what the availability is currently?
Thanks in advance!
Answers to all these questions are on the SQ website:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...g/mysqupgrade/

​​​​​​Offers vary so it's difficult to predict what if anything will be offered. As to availability, you can do a dummy J booking or check Expertflyer for seat availability by class...neither is a perfect indication but will provide some insight.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:36 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Currently booked into Economy for next week and "Saver Premium Economy" as an upgrade is asking 50,500 miles. 75,000 as a regular miles booking.
Interestingly, an outright Saver Business Class booking is NOT available, but IS available as a regular miles booking for 107,000 miles one-way.
Question #1: How much is a one-way upgrade to Biz if it becomes available likely to be? Based on the math for Premium Y, I'd guess 75,000 miles?
Question #2: Can I upgrade someone using miles I'm travelling with but in a separate reservation?
Question #3: If we both get paid upgrade offers, I suppose one of us could purchase the last upgrade, leaving the other alone in Economy since we are on separate reservations. Right?
Thanks!

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
SFO SIN Economy Class W class purchased. ($961 one way, SFO-SIN-DPS for April 4th (Thursday):

Offers:
Upgrade to Business Class on SFO-SIN only $3350 or a cool 474,705 miles (!)
Upgrade to Premium Economy on SFO-SIN only $450 or 63,840 miles.

Too rich for me. Especially since I was seeing JFK-DPS in Premium Y for $550 one way a few months ago. Also, the upgrade to Y+ a few days ago could be had for 50,500 miles.
Just hoping for an empty seat between us for the long haul in Y!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by kyushuman
SFO SIN Economy Class W class purchased. ($961 one way, SFO-SIN-DPS for April 4th (Thursday):

Offers:
Upgrade to Business Class on SFO-SIN only $3350 or a cool 474,705 miles (!)
Upgrade to Premium Economy on SFO-SIN only $450 or 63,840 miles.

Too rich for me. Especially since I was seeing JFK-DPS in Premium Y for $550 one way a few months ago. Also, the upgrade to Y+ a few days ago could be had for 50,500 miles.
Just hoping for an empty seat between us for the long haul in Y!
I travelled SFO-SIN last month for $690 in premium economy. They never offered an upgrade, but on check in I asked what the cash upgrade price was: $2600. I passed.

One of the throne seats on my A350ULR was broken, so that passenger got a free upgrade upgrade.

Edited to fix price of the ticket.

Last edited by Eastward Bound; Apr 2, 2024 at 5:35 pm
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Eastward Bound
I travelled SFO-SIN last month for $69 in premium economy. They never offered an upgrade, but on check in I asked what the cash upgrade price was: $2600. I passed.

One of the throne seats on my A350ULR was broken, so that passenger got a free upgrade upgrade.
I'm thinking that's a typo. If not, a great price!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
I'm thinking that's a typo. If not, a great price!
It's a typo.

It was 690. Sorry, rushing to post before heading to work.

​​​​​​Still, 690 was a good price. Would have been better if I hadn't caught Covid, probably on that 17 hour flight.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer EG, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Data point from upcoming BRU inaugural this week, full itinerary is KUL-SIN-BRU in Premium Economy flexi (T)

KUL-SIN Economy to Business: MYR532 (~SGD151) or 16,065 miles
​​​​​SIN-BRU Premium Economy to Business: MYR6,339.40 (~SGD1,800) or 190,365 miles.

Passed on both. The mileage options are a joke.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 6:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
SYD-SIN Economy Flexi to Premium Economy: $390 AUD or 36,435 miles
Upgrade to Business not offered

Did not take it
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by GenZ
SYD-SIN Economy Flexi to Premium Economy: $390 AUD or 36,435 miles
Upgrade to Business not offered

Did not take it
If this was a daytime flight, I would probably not have taken it either. If a nighttime flight, probably yes. Also depends on how much the original ticket had cost, of course, and who had paid for it. Tricky this one for me.
GenZ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.