Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:52 pm

SQ 938 SIN - DPS
Y (E) -> J
: S$420 or 44,310 KrisFlyer miles
Old Sep 26, 2023, 5:40 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by HanaChan
Would love some advice on possible upgrade (too far out of flight so not bidding yet, just been given a straight cost) - I'm flying economy Singapore-LHR on the Friday flight end of Nov. I've enquired and been offered £660 cost to upgrade to premium economy, which I'm really tempted by as it's a 14h flight! Can anyone please advise:

- Is Prem Economy worth it at this price with Singapore Air?
- Can anyone guess at how busy the flight is? And therefore how likely to be offered a better upgrade £ if I take the risk and wait till 72h before the flight?
- Anyone recently been offered bids on this route, and, if so, what price range for prem and business too?

No airline status. Hope the above makes sense, thanks in advance for the help
Only you can tell if it would be worth it to you. Everyone is different, but seems rather steep to me for Eco to Prem Eco.

Prem Eco to Biz would be a different story for that price.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 1:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Sq 898 sin-hkg
y (e) -> j : Hkd 4,564
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: Cunard Platinum, SQ * Silver.
Originally Posted by HanaChan
Would love some advice on possible upgrade (too far out of flight so not bidding yet, just been given a straight cost) - I'm flying economy Singapore-LHR on the Friday flight end of Nov. I've enquired and been offered £660 cost to upgrade to premium economy, which I'm really tempted by as it's a 14h flight! Can anyone please advise:

- Is Prem Economy worth it at this price with Singapore Air?
- Can anyone guess at how busy the flight is? And therefore how likely to be offered a better upgrade £ if I take the risk and wait till 72h before the flight?
- Anyone recently been offered bids on this route, and, if so, what price range for prem and business too?

No airline status. Hope the above makes sense, thanks in advance for the help
That's about a normal price for SIN -> LHR to go to premium economy from eco. I've paid that in the past and been happy that I paid it. SIN -> LHR is a slog of a flight.

I've flown LHR -> MEL twice in the last year across economy (2 segments), PE (5 segments) and business (1 segment) on various segments. SQ's PE isn't bad. I like the seat and it's fairly comfortable (especially if you blag an empty seat next to you as I had on my last LHR -> SIN). Soft product isn't that much better than economy but I prefer the slightly more spacious seat.

Flights have been busier lately.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 10:21 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
SQ 709
BKK to SIN
Y to J
212 USD.

Took it.......no offer for SQ 22. Flying today. Expert Flyer shows a couple of seats still unsold in J.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
SIN-MAA
Y -> J

SGD 950.00 or 99,750 miles

Thank you, but no thank you!
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
AKL SIN Y to PE offered NZD440.29, accepted. But to avoid a middle seat, paid an additional 100 for bulkhead (no bassinette) seat. No upgrade options for SIN MUC, alas.
fakecd likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 8:58 am

LHR - SIN
PE (S) to Business (J) for $2100 SGD / ~$1560 USD or 220k miles.

I can understand the cash price but the miles asked is outrageous.

Upon boarding, saw the whole biz class was occupied.

Last edited by ihc_fly; Nov 5, 2023 at 11:05 am
Old Nov 1, 2023, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Not eligible to upgrade from T to J?

I booked a one-way SIN-MEL in PE (T = Flexi) recently and did not even get the chance to upgrade. Instead, when I clicked on the upgrade options in MMB, it said “Your fareclass or ticket is not eligible for an upgrade” (Or something along those lines). What gives? Why would a flexible one-way cash ticket not be eligible for mySQupgrade??
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
I booked a one-way SIN-MEL in PE (T = Flexi) recently and did not even get the chance to upgrade. Instead, when I clicked on the upgrade options in MMB, it said “Your fareclass or ticket is not eligible for an upgrade” (Or something along those lines). What gives? Why would a flexible one-way cash ticket not be eligible for mySQupgrade??
it just means they sold the J. believe it or not even at those robbery price point, enough pays up and sells out
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fakecd
it just means they sold the J. believe it or not even at those robbery price point, enough pays up and sells out
I guess that makes sense, only that I also asked how at the check-in counter how much it would be to upgrade to J, and they quoted me something like SGD1,750 or so on the spot. Maybe there was a no-show, maybe someone had cancelled at the last minute, who knows... Needless to say, I did not bite, as I did not feel it was terribly good value.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 12:29 am

Curious what is the general ball park is for a PE -> J upgrade for JFK - SIN now?

I've seen a huge range of number posted here across mySQUpgrade vs check in counter upgrades, so I'm not sure what would be a 'good' deal.

I'm guessing anything <$1k, but could anyone else chime in on this?
Old Nov 19, 2023, 11:35 am

JFK > FRA > SIN on SQ25. For all the way SIN, Econ to PE = $452 USD. Econ to Business = $4,650.

I want to do the PE upgrade but it's only middle seats. Should I give up econ window seat for a PE middle? According to Expert Flyer, there are a few aisle & window seats blocked off in the bulkhead row, bassinet seats.

Last edited by gurrlbye; Nov 19, 2023 at 11:42 am
Old Nov 19, 2023, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by gurrlbye
JFK > FRA > SIN on SQ25. For all the way SIN, Econ to PE = $452 USD.
The Premium Economy upgrade looks attractive and good value to me. You are already trapped by other passengers by the window so I would go for the Premium Economy middle seat and attempt (not guaranteed of course) to move to a better seat upon check-in opening (online and again at the desk).
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:50 am

SIN-EWR SQ22 in late Nov, PE to J offered at ~SGD$2500, which I thought was already pricey.
EWR-SIN SQ21 for 6 Dec, PE to J now offered at ~SGD$4800......
My PE tickets were purchased (not redeemed) for P/L fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.