Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Canceling 1 ticket on group award reservation (*A award)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

On Friday, I am traveling to Europe with 3 friends. I had originally booked 4 tickets on UA and LH in economy using SQ miles. We're all on one reservation. Yesterday I decided to rebook myself in LH F for the transatlantic leg using OZ miles (other flight also transits through FRA). When I called SQ to cancel my ticket, I was informed that they cannot cancel just 1 ticket on a group award since the tickets are linked. They would have to cancel all 4 tickets, wait for the miles to redeposit, then reticket the other 3 passengers (not an option since flight is in 3 days and miles would not immediately repost, not to mention I wouldn't want to risk the award space on UA and LH disappearing).

Today I decided to HUCA, this time the rep says no problem, I will just unlink your ticket from the reservation, subtract the $30 from your tax refund, and your KF miles will reappear in a few days along with a refund on your credit card etc. Great. 10 minutes later, she calls me back and says oops, can't do that, same story as agent 1 yesterday.

Has anyone ran into this situation before and been able to successfully resolve? Looking at about $130 in lost taxes plus 27500 KF miles - not the end of the world, but don't want to forfeit if there's some way to get a refund. Sure would have been nice if they let you know when making a group reservation that this is the policy if you need to cancel 1 passenger!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Tell them that you want to change your dates. Just do a change of dates for now.

Then they would have to split your booking out separately into another PNR.

After that, then you can cancel your ticket with the penalty.

A group booking means that everyone is together in one PNR. Its not a savings that all of you must be booked together. So each of you can have different departure and return dates. Its the same as booking each booking separately.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you! Just got off the phone with them, they split it off and said they will re-issue my ticket within an hour or so with a change fee of $20. Just checked the PNR and my name has been removed from the reservation already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.