Wiki Posts
Search

Technical error preventing booking

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH, IHG
Technical error preventing booking

I wasn't sure where to dump this, so you guys can throw it where it needs to go. I just wanted to post it to prevent anyone else getting as frustrated as I did.

I loaded up my account with 149,000 miles, woke up super early and booked suites on SQ12, NRT-LAX. When I got to the credit card page, I entered it in, there was a hold on my CC, but I got a technical error. I called and they said "Someone booked it, you took too long." I tried another day, took 3 minutes to do it, but got the same result. Frustrated and fed up, I called. The guy informed me that I had 5,000 miles that should not have been in my account. Back last year, there was a promo for 5,000 free Singapore miles, which I used. Because these miles were for Singapore Airlines Australia, they should never have been in my account, therefore I technically didn't have enough miles.

The representative put in a help ticket to reverse the miles out, reserved my ticket, and instructed me to transfer another 5,000 miles. I transferred them in and am waiting for the reversal (it started on Friday). They said my ticket is reserved, my seats are assigned, and I can see my booking on the website. Once the miles reverse, they'll send me a confirmed ticket.

Just wanted to throw this out because it was really, really frustrating. Those "free miles" promos actually can hurt sometimes. Stupid me for not really reading the terms. Lesson learned...
Old May 2, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by currid7
Stupid me for not really reading the terms. Lesson learned...
More like Stupid SQ for not having a system that can't, you know, display the correct number of miles you have available for booking.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
What is Singapore Airlines Australia? SQ miles are SQ miles. If they were a special promo only available to Australian residents, then fair enough.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:26 pm

OP was told total bull in my opinion.
Old May 3, 2016, 8:09 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Phaze
OP was told total bull in my opinion.
Agree, it took me probably close to 10 tries to get a ticket from SIN-HND (stopover) NRT-LAX. I had to call in finally because it kept erroring out. But the agent was very helpful and got it all ticketed very quickly.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH, IHG
Just an update: I transferred 5k MR points in, they went through. I was up to 154,000 KF miles. I just got a call from Singapore Airlines. They took the miles out, then took out the 148,750 miles for the ticket and confirmed me. Got the tickets in my email. The original agent reserved me and I was worried it'd go away, but it didn't.

Anyways, I ended up with a Suites ticket in the middle suites back from Tokyo perfect for after the Cherry Blossoms (I hope!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.