Wiki Posts
Search

Experiencing Suites for a first timer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Experiencing Suites for a first timer

Hello SQ forums!

Over the years I've accumulated Chase UR points in which I'd like to redeem for Suites Class. I will not be able to sustain Suites Class flying every time I fly...but I figure I'd at least try it ONCE with the +1.

To fully experience Suites Class...I was thinking about the following routes.
LAX-NRT or HKG-SIN-SYD

LAX-NRT: I'm based in SFO so I can position myself to LAX easily. Availability for this route is pretty tough to come by, but I think I can manage. This is a 10hr flight so I'll have plenty of time "experiencing" the soft/hard product.

HKG-SIN-SYD: HKG is my 2nd home, so getting there again shouldn't be a problem. With this route, I can even access TPR(right?). I think the total flight time is longer for this route, but it's divided into 2 segments.

Which one would you guys recommend for a first timer traveling with a +1(also in suites)? Both destinations are great. I would not mind visiting NRT or SYD!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:17 pm
tub

Programs: IHG Ambassador, KrisFlyer
Just for the sheer fact that you can enter TPR and it's a longer flight - HKG-SIN-SYD should be your choice!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
How about HKG-SIN-AKL? Longer flight, and availability on the Auckland route, if booked at the right time (Southern Hemisphere Summer), is usually more widely available on the A380!

Plus, NZ is stunning!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by emofeng
HKG-SIN-SYD: HKG is my 2nd home, so getting there again shouldn't be a problem. With this route, I can even access TPR(right?). I think the total flight time is longer for this route, but it's divided into 2 segments.
Yes, you will have access to TPR.

Do you have any interest in visiting Singapore? If so, HKG-SIN(stopover for a couple of days)-SYD is what I would do.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shuigao
Yes, you will have access to TPR.

Do you have any interest in visiting Singapore? If so, HKG-SIN(stopover for a couple of days)-SYD is what I would do.
HKG-SIN-SYD is 75K one way in suites. I'll have to add more miles if I want a stopover at SIN right?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:44 pm

HKG-SIN-SYD is 75K one way in suites. I'll have to add more miles if I want a stopover at SIN right?
just pay $100.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

Which one would you guys recommend for a first timer traveling with a +1(also in suites)? Both destinations are great. I would not mind visiting NRT or SYD!
Do LAX-NRT. Otherwise splitting the flights you can't really take advantage of the bed. SIN-SYD is a short flight - by the time you take out eating time/try to relax you'll be lucky to have three-four hours of sleep.

The TPR is OK... but I wouldn't alter travel plans to 'experience' it.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lazard
just pay $100.
Sounds good. i'll look into that!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:00 am

Was thinking of experiencing it myself as well for the first time. Tbh its premium cabin for the first time. Ill be going to Vienna from JFK to visit my folks.

I see JFK-FRA waitlisted and FRA-JFK as well. Fra-Jfk is about 90 min longer but is very annoying due to it being an early AM flight and there not being a great way to get to FRA from VIE in a timely fashion.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Do LAX-NRT. Otherwise splitting the flights you can't really take advantage of the bed. SIN-SYD is a short flight - by the time you take out eating time/try to relax you'll be lucky to have three-four hours of sleep.

The TPR is OK... but I wouldn't alter travel plans to 'experience' it.
Most of us went to sleep straight away on SIN-SYD. I was surprised that they woke us only half an hour before we arrived in Sydney. I can't stand it when they wake you 2 hours before arrival for breakfast. I'd rather sleep.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Yes, the SIN stopover is $100 US.

Since you can not book it online, they still honor the 15% discount. Just booked it.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by im.daniel
How about HKG-SIN-AKL? Longer flight, and availability on the Auckland route, if booked at the right time (Southern Hemisphere Summer), is usually more widely available on the A380!

Plus, NZ is stunning!
+1 for all the reasons stated.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Most of us went to sleep straight away on SIN-SYD. I was surprised that they woke us only half an hour before we arrived in Sydney. I can't stand it when they wake you 2 hours before arrival for breakfast. I'd rather sleep.
Use the "do not disturb" button. Simple.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Use the "do not disturb" button. Simple.
Even with that button/sign, I would assume there is a time when they still wake you up for landing, right?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Even with that button/sign, I would assume there is a time when they still wake you up for landing, right?
Of course, but not until they absolutely have to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.