Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swap out segments on Star Alliance award

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Swap out segments on Star Alliance award

I am wondering if the following is possible on a Star Alliance award:

I'm trying to book a flight US-SIN via FRA/ZRH under a Star Alliance award so I can fly both LH F and SQ R. I just want to confirm the following is possible, so I can snag the SQ R seats when (I suppose, IF) they become available.

Initially book the below since LH J is available > 15 days out:
IAD/EWR-FRA LH J / FRA-ZRH LH J / ZRH-SIN SQ R

then inside 15 days when/if LH F becomes available swap out the IAD/EWR-FRA LH J segment for LH F. Is it possible to change only the one segment without affecting the other segments? I know when I tried to add SIN-MLE onto a LAX-NRT-SIN all SQ award, they said I couldn't because the LAX-SIN flight was no longer available at 'Saver' level.

Furthermore, if I change the outbound from IAD-FRA to ORD-FRA does that create any issues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.