Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dine on Demand?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Dine on Demand?

I am a newbie to SQ. After looking at their F menus it looks like its more of a traditional setup where you order 1 of each course in a structure orer. Does SQ not prefer when people lets say want to try one of the other dinner entrees later on in the flight? I know the ME airlines are geared more towards a order what you want whenever you want format but does SQ allow this in F or J for that matter?
Old May 26, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
SQ allow this in F or J for that matter?
SQ is structured as a traditional meal service at pre-defined times. Whether they would allow you to eat outside of these times ... I don't know, never asked before
Old May 26, 2015, 9:21 pm

SQ F is dine-on-demand. You can inform the stewardess when you want to eat. You can even get more appetizers if the catering on board is sufficient. My wife loves the satay and gets it lieu of the soup/salad, therefore she gets 10 sticks of satay thereabout.
J have to stick to the timings.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:36 am

thats one thing i dont like about SQ business, the lack of dine on demand. sometimes, you just want to sleep without eating, sometimes, you just want to eat before sleeping... really differs
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:43 pm

If you want to have the full multi-course meals which are served on board then I think you've little choice, however, they've been several occasions when I've been flying J and wanted to get as much sleep as possible on long-haul journeys, and have just asked for the main course and dessert of the 2nd meal to be served together, without any frills, towards the end of the flight (usually approx 1.5hrs before landing) and the crew have always been very obliging.

When flying F you can pretty much choose to eat what you want from the menu up till approximately an hour before landing, even if it means one of every main course there is!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:38 am

On my recent Suite trip, I ate quite a bit at TPR and told the crews that I would like to sleep first and eat just a few hours prior to landing. They were fine with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.