Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Gold Benefits on SilkAir (SQ Flight Number)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone will be able to advise me on the following scenario:

I have Star Alliance Gold via Turkish Airlines and I will be taking a SilkAir operated flight (with SQ Flight Number). Will I be getting any of my Star Alliance Gold benefits for this flight?

Thanks!!
Old May 11, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
unfortunately Nothing if you are not a KF member..
Old May 11, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by markcwj
Hello everyone,

I have Star Alliance Gold via Turkish Airlines and I will be taking a SilkAir operated flight (with SQ Flight Number). Will I be getting any of my Star Alliance Gold benefits for this flight?

Thanks!!
You will enjoy full Star Alliance Gold benefit if you are on SQ182/SQ181 which operate 3 times weekly by Silkair metal and 2 time weekly by Singapore Airlines metal.

Other code sharing SQxxxx 4 digit/MIxxx 3 digit, sadly to say you will not gett any Gold benefit.
Old May 12, 2015, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Star Gold + Silkair posts seem to popup once a month here.

There is a big sign at the Krisflyer Gold lounge at SIN that Star Golds on Silkair flights are not allowed in.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yauee
You will enjoy full Star Alliance Gold benefit if you are on SQ182/SQ181 which operate 3 times weekly by Silkair metal and 2 time weekly by Singapore Airlines metal.

Other code sharing SQxxxx 4 digit/MIxxx 3 digit, sadly to say you will not get any Gold benefit.
Thanks for the clarification everyone!
Old May 13, 2015, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by markcwj
Hello everyone,

Thanks!!
ONLY if you're connecting to a SQ flight.

If you're on MI (whether with SQ flight number or not) and you're connecting to a SQ flight, then yes you will be accorded *A privileges like priority check in, extra baggage allowance, and even lounge access. But if you're not connecting immediately and just have a MI flight, then no.

Only thing I'd like to add is that you won't be getting any miles into your TK account even if its on a SQ flight number.
Old May 17, 2015, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

If you're on MI (whether with SQ flight number or not) and you're connecting to a SQ flight, then yes you will be accorded *A privileges like priority check in, extra baggage allowance, and even lounge access. But if you're not connecting immediately and just have a MI flight, then no.

Only thing I'd like to add is that you won't be getting any miles into your TK account even if its on a SQ flight number.
Interesting, thank you for the insight! No luck with *A privileges on my flight from SIN-HKT then
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
So.....does a stopover count?
I am planning to fly HKG-SIN-DRW, HKG-SIN will be on SQ metal, while SilkAir is the only option for SIN-DRW, but for my trip, I will be staying in SIN for 2 days before going DRW, and will I get *A benefits if all segments are in same PNR?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by fakeman
So.....does a stopover count?
I am planning to fly HKG-SIN-DRW, HKG-SIN will be on SQ metal, while SilkAir is the only option for SIN-DRW, but for my trip, I will be staying in SIN for 2 days before going DRW, and will I get *A benefits if all segments are in same PNR?
I think Guy Betsy has made it very clear.

Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ya !

If you connected through , then your bags will be tagged as priority, but you still won't get lounge access.

On your return from DRW, even with through connection at SIN, you will not have lounge access in DRW.

Until Silkair joins the group (*A), this will continue...
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Can a KF elite gold use the SQ lounge when travelling on silk air?

But what happens in Phuket when departing on silk air? There's no sq lounge!

Last edited by Chucksta; Apr 2, 2016 at 10:09 pm
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Chucksta

I believe you should be able to get access to the KF Gold Lounge and not the SilverKris Lounge. You're right, there's no lounge in Phuket.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:29 am

Programs: QF WP
On your return from DRW, even with through connection at SIN, you will not have lounge access in DRW.
I don't think there's a lounge in DRW? (QF and VA have domestic lounges but that's all there is to the airport in terms of lounges).
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lcpteck
I believe you should be able to get access to the KF Gold Lounge and not the SilverKris Lounge. You're right, there's no lounge in Phuket.
Actually in Phuket, you'll be using (most likely) the Thai Airways Royal Orchid lounge.

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
I don't think there's a lounge in DRW? (QF and VA have domestic lounges but that's all there is to the airport in terms of lounges).
Above answer is for fakeman as he will not be able to access Silkair's lounge (by contract to whoever they use in DRW) since he does not hold a KF Gold card even if his flight has a SQ flight number.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by Chucksta

IF you are krisflyer Gold and flying MI departing from phuket you are invited to the lounge operated by Thai Airways. If you are non-krisflyer Gold flying on silkair you are invited to wait at the public area :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.