Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Damaged luggage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Damaged luggage

Has anyone had any experience with damaged luggage on SQ flights?

I sent them an email via Facebook, and was advised to write to SQ Social.

Someone replied to me 9 days ago asking for my booking reference.

I replied promptly and haven't heard anything back since.

I emailed them again a few days ago but no response until now.

How long does it take them to get back to you and what kind of compensation they offered you?

Many thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:26 am

Normally you should report it at the airport at your destination. Would make the handling easier. The lost luggage counter would issue with a tracking number.

In my case damaged luggage, but repairable. In SIN a contractor will pick-up the damaged luggage at your home/hotel and repair it within 3 days. Delivery back to your home/hotel.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:48 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Depends on where / which airport , the process varies .
Compensation too . Here are 3 .
In LHR , they tried to give me some luggage at baggage claim which I declined . So after lots of to & froing with SQ in London , they replaced my red Tumi with a Tumi but different black model . It was quite shocking , what I assume , was damage caused by the conveyor belt . Irreparable !

In Florence , it was trickier as it involved another *A . Language & also only noticed at destination so had to buy a replacement first then some convoluted exchange with SQ later to get a refund .

In HKG , went to some office at the terminal to make a report . But as the time in HK was too short , I think I bought a replacement . Then travelled with an empty damaged luggage to my final destination for some SQ office to arrange for collection & figure compensation .
It helped to have status , as some of the calls were handled by PPS with the relevant department .
Nonetheless , the processes were rather frustrating during all 3 examples quoted .
Thankfully, these were all awhile back , definitely pre FB & such . Hope this helps .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Apr 10, 2015 at 9:55 am
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

I only noticed the damage at home unfortunately, have sent them detailed pics. I was flying a combo of F, Suites (SQ) and J (LX).
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:08 pm

Was LX the carrier of your last leg? Maybe its worth to contact them as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.