Search

Plaza Premium Lounge coming to SIN T1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Post Plaza Premium Lounge coming to SIN T1

Plaza Premium to open new airport lounges at Singapore, Heathrow

The Hong Kong-based company will open a new lounge at Singapore's Changi Airport Terminal 1 "in the next two months" says Mei-Mei Song, Corporate Communications Manager with Plaza Premium Lounge Management (below).

"It's where the Rainforest Lounge was in T1 – we've taken over the space to become a Plaza Premium lounge and it's going to be very exciting" Song told Australian Business Traveller on the sidelines of the opening of SkyTeam’s new Sydney Airport lounge, which Plaza Premium manages.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Plaza Premium to open new airport lounges at Singapore, Heathrow

The Hong Kong-based company will open a new lounge at Singapore's Changi Airport Terminal 1 "in the next two months" says Mei-Mei Song, Corporate Communications Manager with Plaza Premium Lounge Management (below).

"It's where the Rainforest Lounge was in T1 – we've taken over the space to become a Plaza Premium lounge and it's going to be very exciting" Song told Australian Business Traveller on the sidelines of the opening of SkyTeam’s new Sydney Airport lounge, which Plaza Premium manages.
I wonder how exciting can it be given the small space it has. Anyway, if they follow what they offer in HKG then I am looking forward to it, of course provided they accept Priority Pass.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder whether this will cause some of the T1 airlines that currently use SkyView to send their elite and premium class passengers to the new lounge. For example, IIRC NW used the TG lounge, then Rainforest for a brief while, and now DL and AF/KLM use SkyView, which I understand is run by CX but serves as a contract lounge for a long list of airlines.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I hope Veloce Lounges (ANZ Travel CC) will partner with them so we card holders have more options.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:31 pm

Their website says they have 3 private rooms at their Changi T1 location. Can you reserve those, or are they first-come first-served? And is there a extra fee for the private room?

I booked my family a slot at Plaza Premium in TPE, not knowing they were entitled to a private room with ensuite shower. But that's what they got in TPE, and we're hoping for the same type of deal for a 5-hr stay at Changi.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I checked with them in T1 - the private rooms are available at an additional cost and not part of the priority pass deal.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
I checked with them in T1 - the private rooms are available at an additional cost and not part of the priority pass deal.
Thanks. Do you know if you can reserve one of the private rooms?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Not sure whether you can reserve them beforehand. However each terminal at Changi also has transit accommodation, which can be booked beforehand. Depending on how long the stopover is this may be a more comfortable option. See the various options here - http://www.changiairport.com/en/airp...it-hotels.html
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:07 pm

Yeah, I did look at that. It's under consideration. But, for my party, the prices are about the same between PPL and the hotel, and yet PPL includes free food. So I was thinking definitely PPL if I could get a private room. Another option is Crowne Plaza, where I could probably stay on points.

I'll try contacting them again. They don't seem to respond to emails, however.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
Yeah, I did look at that. It's under consideration. But, for my party, the prices are about the same between PPL and the hotel, and yet PPL includes free food.
At least as per this review at OMAAT - http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...transit-hotel/ - a meal is included with the room. However, I can't personally confirm that and neither is this mentioned on the Changi website.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
At least as per this review at OMAAT - http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...transit-hotel/ - a meal is included with the room. However, I can't personally confirm that and neither is this mentioned on the Changi website.
You can book room-only or room with meal package (at a premium)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.