Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ First Class Lounge Expectations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
SQ First Class Lounge Expectations

Hi - newbie to this forum. I searched but couldn't find a lot of information on the SQ First Lounge NOT the Private Lounge.

I'm flying LH F class in a few weeks from SIN-FRA and wondering what to expect from the SQ First Class lounge. What type of food and liquor selection do they have? Is it a big difference from the SilverKris lounges?

Any info/intel is helpful and appreciated.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Hi - newbie to this forum. I searched but couldn't find a lot of information on the SQ First Lounge NOT the Private Lounge.

I'm flying LH F class in a few weeks from SIN-FRA and wondering what to expect from the SQ First Class lounge. What type of food and liquor selection do they have? Is it a big difference from the SilverKris lounges?

Any info/intel is helpful and appreciated.
Not a big difference in food & beverage between SIN SQ F and C lounges. Main difference is it is smaller and quieter / less crowded since most F lounge guests are PPS not flying in F.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:06 pm

Not much difference with the SQ J lounge, but substantially less crowded. That time of the day there'll be another LX F flight and the odd SQ PPS club member in there.

The food selection has a number of hot items, such as dim sum and curries and there's a cold buffet with sushi, smoked salmon, fruits, etc.

There's also a tended bar and they serve pretty standard fare - they'll whip up a cocktail for you if desired.

I reviewed it as follows:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23228613-post45.html
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
As Kiwi Flyer and tng11 mentioned, there is not much difference between SKL for Business Class and First Class - except that the First Class section is smaller.

It should be pretty quiet - the only people you should see is people either travelling on *A First Class; or the Solitaire PPS members.

"Normal" PPS members are too "lowly" in SQ's opinion to be granted entry there, and others with other *A status will be ushered to the Krisflyer Gold Lounge, and the SQ First Class/Suites passengers will end up in the Private Room.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by tng11
Thanks for everyone's input! Even if there isn't a huge difference I see a lot of benefit of having a quieter lounge with space to spread out.

And tng11 - great trip report! Appreciate the pics.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:06 am

Changi SQ T2 First Class Lounge is better than T3 First Class Lounge.

T3's First Class Lounge caters to TPPs ( Solitaires ) that are not flying in F

If flying in F, there is TPR in T3.

LH arrives in T2 so you have a nicer F Lounge
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 9V-SIA
What is TPR? I was only aware of SQ and TG lounges (not to mention some contract lounges) at SIN.

Glad to know that the T2 SQ F class lounge is better.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:46 am

TPR = The Private Room. Only a first class ticket on SQ gets you entry
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Quote:

What is TPR? I was only aware of SQ and TG lounges (not to mention some contract lounges) at SIN.

Glad to know that the T2 SQ F class lounge is better.
The Private Room - the exclusive lounge used only by First Class and Suites flyers. It's located behind the t3 F lounge and is closely guarded. Departing from SIN, an invitation card will be given to you at check-in. Food is a-l-carte and served to your table.

Top-tier frequent flyers do not qualify unless they fly in F. I am not sure if LH flyers will qualify. I don't think so.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:59 am
Original Poster

TPR = The Private Room. Only a first class ticket on SQ gets you entry
Originally Posted by SQueeze
The Private Room - the exclusive lounge used only by First Class and Suites flyers. It's located behind the t3 F lounge and is closely guarded. Departing from SIN, an invitation card will be given to you at check-in. Food is a-l-carte and served to your table.

Top-tier frequent flyers do not qualify unless they fly in F. I am not sure if LH flyers will qualify. I don't think so.
Gotcha...thanks! I think only SQ F qualifies for the TPR. If SQ opened up F/J award availability I'd gladly try to book on SQ.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Very nice lounge, great food spread, very quiet. Might be a bit smaller than the C side food spread so walk over there and take a look to see if you are missing anything.

I have thought the C breakfast itself was already one of the finest breakfast buffets in Singapore with lots of interesting local choices.

F bar has Johnny Walker Blue, last time I checked, but that was a while ago.

Only thing lacking is tarmac views.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Very nice lounge, great food spread, very quiet. Might be a bit smaller than the C side food spread so walk over there and take a look to see if you are missing anything.

I have thought the C breakfast itself was already one of the finest breakfast buffets in Singapore with lots of interesting local choices.

F bar has Johnny Walker Blue, last time I checked, but that was a while ago.

Only thing lacking is tarmac views.
they still have JWB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.