Search

arrivals lounge heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Singapore
arrivals lounge heathrow

With the move to Terminal 2 presumably First/Suites passengers do not use the Virgin lounge for arrivals anymore? Is there an alternative that we can use? Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
See this to answer your questions.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Janeobarty
With the move to Terminal 2 presumably First/Suites passengers do not use the Virgin lounge for arrivals anymore? Is there an alternative that we can use? Thanks
No
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
No
Oh dear. That's a bit of a deterioration in service for one Singapore's premier routes. Do I detect from your definite answer that this is not due to be changed and that they have simply taken this part of the offering away?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:03 am

If you clicked the link I posted above...

London Heathrow Terminal 2: Our new home from 17 September 2014

We are pleased to inform you that from 17 September 2014, Singapore Airlines will be moving our operations at London Heathrow Airport to the new Terminal 2: The Queen’s Terminal.

As a valued member of the Solitaire PPS Club, you will continue to enjoy First Class check-in services at our dedicated check-in counters located at Zone A. As we are currently adding the finishing touches to our brand new SilverKris Lounge in Heathrow Terminal 2, we have made alternative lounge arrangements for our Solitaire PPS Club members. Our check-in agents will advise you on the lounge to proceed to before your flight.

We are currently making plans for an arrival lounge service at the new Terminal for our Solitaire PPS Club members arriving on SQ306 or SQ322. Meanwhile, the Virgin Atlantic Revival Lounge in Terminal 3 will still be available for your usage should you wish to freshen up before you leave the airport. Our check-in agents will advise you on the lounge to proceed to before your flight.

For more information on Heathrow Terminal 2, please click here.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you soon at London Heathrow Terminal 2: The Queen’s Terminal.
1. You CAN still use the Virgin Revivals lounge if you arrive on SQ306 or SQ322. You'll have to make your way to Terminal 3, however.

2. They're planning to set up their own arrivals lounge in terminal 2, so this is "due to be changed" and they have not "simply taken this part of the offering away". However, I wouldn't expect the arrivals lounge in T2 for at least another year or so, albeit this is pure speculation on my part.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chisquared
If you clicked the link I posted above...

1. You CAN still use the Virgin Revivals lounge if you arrive on SQ306 or SQ322. You'll have to make your way to Terminal 3, however.

2. They're planning to set up their own arrivals lounge in terminal 2, so this is "due to be changed" and they have not "simply taken this part of the offering away". However, I wouldn't expect the arrivals lounge in T2 for at least another year or so, albeit this is pure speculation on my part.
Apologies. I just scanned it and saw apologies for tardy rollout of their main lounge. It is though somewhat disappointing that such a lounge could not have been ready at inception especially when I hear your misgivings that it may take another year.

The Virgin lounge is "adequate" at best and to have to trek over to a different terminal for such a service when Singapore has had plenty of notice of the change is disappointing.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Originally Posted by Janeobarty
The Virgin lounge is "adequate" at best and to have to trek over to a different terminal for such a service when Singapore has had plenty of notice of the change is disappointing.
The Virgin lounge is absolutely fine: decent showers and breakfast. And at least as good as comparable offerings at LHR. Sure, the walk isn't great, but it's hardly a huge distance.

I'm flying in a couple of weeks and of more concern is the lack of an SQ F lounge in T2 which I'd have hoped would be ready by now.

BC
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlackCat
The Virgin lounge is absolutely fine: decent showers and breakfast. And at least as good as comparable offerings at LHR. Sure, the walk isn't great, but it's hardly a huge distance.

I'm flying in a couple of weeks and of more concern is the lack of an SQ F lounge in T2 which I'd have hoped would be ready by now.

BC
I think we are agreeing - "decent" and "adequate".

It shouldn't be too hard to have an airside lounge organised for departures and for arrivals if Singapore is going to be code sharing an arrivals lounge for its 20 First and suites arrivals each morning, this could have been arranged well in advance.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I see the email cited was sent to a Solitaire PPS member.

As an arriving passenger in SQ business class without any *A status can I access the Virgin arrivals facility? I arrive into LHR on SQ322 and need to go straight to the office so am keen to be able to freshen up...

(Apologies if this is a very obvious question - I'm a OW flyer travelling SQ for the first time, so not sure what services are open to me!)
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:09 am

Unfortunately not. You can only access the Revivals lounge when arriving via SQ if you're TPP, or were flying in First/Suites.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Oh, that's disappointing - but thanks for confirming chisquared, saves me the walk over to T3!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by daftboy
Oh, that's disappointing - but thanks for confirming chisquared, saves me the walk over to T3!
Best to stay OW if you want an Arrivals lounge at LHR. It's as new a concept to SQ as premium economy.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
You can use the Plaza Premium Arrivals Lounge landside at T2, of course. Available to Priority Pass members or $40 for an hour.

BC
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by BlackCat

BC
i realise that its only a 10 min or so walk from terminal 2 to terminal 3 and the virgin revivals lounge is most appreciated

when will the silverkris lounge in terminal 2 open?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
The website states that there is now "Access to Plaza Premium Lounge Upon Arrival in London Feel free to refresh and recharge with a hot shower or a quick breakfast at the Plaza Premium Lounge when you arrive at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 2 on SQ306 or SQ322."

Has anybody tried this and how does it compare to the Virgin arrival lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.