Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

A simple SQ change that could bring back a lot of love from PPS customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A simple SQ change that could bring back a lot of love from PPS customers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mitwg
I still feel that they make a conscious effort to provide you with better service, even in Y.

The crew will great you by name (I don't expect the whole cabin to know your name but there's always a few on each flight) and more often than not, will 'check' up on you to ensure that you're having a good flight.

Other than the inflight service though, I think an area where SQ really excels is with communication. I'm CX DM and I get close to zero comms from them even when I'm flying in F or J (I've recently had 3 aircraft changes a single flight in J without me being made aware and it happens so often with CX for intra-Asia that I'm not even surprised) but SQ are generally good with giving me a call when these things occur, telling me that my seat assignment has changed etc, even in Y.

I think a part of that is due to my conscious effort in ensuring my contact details on my KF profile are reliable but still, this is great service provided by SQ.
The aircraft change comms is a specific feature of CX. As you note they do it all the time, whereas SQ really does it. I'm not really sure that you get more/better comms in these instances as DM/PPS than you would as non-status member?

As PPS I had a J ticket on an SQ 777W a few months ago on SQ231 from SIN-SYD and got a call from SQ that afternoon saying it had been changed to a 777-300. They were not at all sympathetic and basically told me that it was still business class, not acknowledging that it's a totally different and inferior product.

I said they can either move me to First or to SQ221, the latter only happened after a wasting a lot of time arguing and escalating to supervisors. Not exactly a great PPS experience overall.

One more data point on CX Y vs SQ Y as top-tier member - CX flight attendees will usually slip me a bottle of Evian before takeoff which is a very small gesture but I appreciate it a lot.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:14 pm

The aircraft change comms was just an example however I think (in my experience anyway, YMMV) this can be extended to other comms as well.

I know we get these notifly SMS with CX nowdays, which is great, but sometimes with CX, I only find out delays when I've already begun my journey to the airport which isn't ideal as it means I have to spend longer at the airport.

Another example is when I'm flying a sector between SIN-ICN or ICN-SFO, they'll often send up a Korean CC to come say hi (I'm Australian but with a Korean ethic background), which to be honest, is a useless service but nonetheless is evidence that somebody at the airline actually bothers to read your frequent flyer profile.

And I'm definitely aware of cases where if you are TPP, they'll even go as far as asking another pax in F (at the lounge) to see if they could move from say 3A to 3K, as there is a 'passenger that usually sits in 3A', going through the trouble of re-printing boarding passes and everything just so the TPP could sit in his preferred 3A seat. This isn't something that we should expect to happen regularly however, I've seen it happen more than once.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by fimo
Probably because a good portion of the cabin are PPS.... and are already seated at bulkhead.

Many of my colleagues are PPS, and I have been on a flight there are more of us (PPS and Solitaire), than there are bulkhead seats.
And i have been on plenty of flights with more empty bulkheads than PPS. Except of some of the high frequency routes like BKK, HKG, KUL and CGK there are hardly more than a handful of PPS in Y.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by SQ325
And i have been on plenty of flights with more empty bulkheads than PPS. Except of some of the high frequency routes like BKK, HKG, KUL and CGK there are hardly more than a handful of PPS in Y.
The exchange was in reference to bulkhead in J, not Y.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:05 pm

Slightly OT but earlier posts summarize two of my key peeves with uninformed non cabin crew:
- check in can't seat you at a particular seat because of "weight distribution" nonsense, whereas once on board seems one can freely (at times, encouraged) by captain or flight crew to make ourselves comfortable.
- customer service who think that aircraft downgrade is "essentially the same experience" hence acceptable.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Slightly OT but earlier posts summarize two of my key peeves with uninformed non cabin crew:
- check in can't seat you at a particular seat because of "weight distribution" nonsense, whereas once on board seems one can freely (at times, encouraged) by captain or flight crew to make ourselves comfortable.
- customer service who think that aircraft downgrade is "essentially the same experience" hence acceptable.
For some reason, I have never encountered "weight distribution" nonsense at check-in. Perhaps one needs to fall in the "over-weight" category to get that special treatment!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.