Search

Lounge access with StarGold card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Lounge access with StarGold card

Going to be flying PER-SIN-LHR in Y.

I am star gold with TK, however I wish to credit the miles to SQ krisflyer. So that means I will not have *G on my boarding pass.

Can I still access the star gold lounge in SIN and silver kris lounge in PER/LHR just by showing my boarding pass plus my TK *G card?

I am assuming I can use the business class check in just by showing the TK*G car, and get priority tags on my bags and extra 20kg.

Thanks,

Chucksta
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
So you do not have Star Alliance status via SQ and will be crediting to your SQ account but are a current *G via TK?

It may take some explaining to the lounge agents, but yes--if you are Star Alliance Gold and are traveling on any Star Alliance carrier, you are entitled to access Star Alliance Gold lounges on the day of travel. As you suggested, just show them your boarding pass and Gold card (and be prepared to explain your situation), and you should be fine.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
No problem whatsoever with crediting miles to SQ and using status from another *A carrier to get check-in benefits or lounge access.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Check-in/lounge staff at PER should be more than accommodating! Just show your *G card at check-in and the lounge and explain your situation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.