Search

SQ transit counter at ICN?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
SQ transit counter at ICN?

Hi all,

I am flying in to ICN on OZ and then flying SQ to SIN (all booked on one itinerary). Does SQ have a transfer counter at ICN or can I go to the SQ lounge to get my boarding pass issued (am flying C)?

I guess clearing immigration and then going to check-in would not be the worst option but if I can get the boarding pass before that would be great.

I was also thinking of online check-in but I have been told that when transfering between two airlines one has to show the baggage tag from the first flight to SQ to make sure that the bag is transferred properly even though the luggage is checked through to SIN. So I rather be safe than sorry and get it sorted ASAP when I arrive.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
If it is on one ticket then you should have your boarding pass issued at time of checkin where your OZ flight departs from.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
You should get all the boarding passes from the departure airport. I once had two tickets connected in ICN. There is no need to go through emmigration. There is SQ counter inside the terminal and you can get the boarding pass there.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
If you're not able to obtain your BP at the first airport, then yes you can "check-in" for the flight (and get a BP) at SQ's transit counter at ICN. It's located on Concourse A. While the SKL "should" be able to do all of this for you, I think you'll be safer doing it at the transfer counter. Be sure to bring along a printed copy of your itinerary (always a good idea when traveling internationally) so that your bags can be through checked to SIN. And if you do obtain your BPs at ICN (rather than your point of origin), then you will need to show your bag claim tags.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Another reason to have a print-out of your itinerary at ICN if you do not receive your SQ boarding pass when checking-in with OZ is that you will need to show the itinerary to use transit security so you can avoid going through immigration.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Thanks all! Am checking in at JFK with OZ and it is all on one ticket. So hope I can get the boarding pass in New York.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.