Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purser thanks me for my business!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

I'm just a lowly Prem Exec flying in economy ... yet the purser stopped by to thank me for my loyalty to Star Alliance ^

Service was excellent, FAs walked by several times with water/juice and there were two meal servings (lunch/snack) on an 8-hour flight.

IFE was just brilliant.

Oh ... forgot to add: this was SYD-SIN on a SQ A380.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM GS

I noticed that too consistently on my SQ and OZ flights post UA merger :-P
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:38 am
Original Poster

I actually meant for this to be posted in the UA forum ... to drive home (belabor?) the point that other *A airlines treat UA elites better than what UA does

Last edited by malgudi; Nov 5, 2013 at 2:03 am
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:47 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
I am SEN and TG*G and SQ*G and never have been acknowledged on any of the about 150 sectors I do a year on SQ.

So you are very lucky. Either that or SQ is out to poach the UA flyers specifically. But once you cross the rubicon, don't expect the same fuzzy warm love you are currently getting.

Only PPS get acknowledged when flying Y (at least from what I remember when I was one) but that is about it.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: SPG Life Plat, Marriott Life Plat, HH DIA, Ritz Carlton Life Plat
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
Only PPS get acknowledged when flying Y (at least from what I remember when I was one) but that is about it.
I will disagree with JohnSIN - I fly mostly with SQ over the years and always receive courteousy of my patronage, amongst many other things. I started with lowly basic KF and I'm still there ... but have been flying exclusively on redemption KF miles for the past 6 years, always in J or F (so I haven't been paying for tickets to accumulate status).

Apart from the odd occasion, their service delivery is simply excellent, only matched by CX.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
I am SEN and TG*G and SQ*G and never have been acknowledged on any of the about 150 sectors I do a year on SQ.
Same here.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by im.daniel
Same here.
Same here.... there is no more priority boarding for *A or even KF Gold now (at least ex-SIN).

I can confirm this and took photo from last Sunday on my HKG bound flight on A380.

I was quite surprise to see the first post, I thought OP is trying to be sarcastic
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM

So you are very lucky. Either that or SQ is out to poach the UA flyers specifically...
Yes ... now hat SQ has a better FFP than MileagePeso it should be easy for them to steal away the longhaul passengers from UA ...
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: KF G, UA 1K, SPG P, Marriott P, Hilton G, Wyndham G
Originally Posted by weero
Yes ... now hat SQ has a better FFP than MileagePeso it should be easy for them to steal away the longhaul passengers from UA ...
MileagePeso is still a lot better than SQ...

I am both SQ Gold and UA Gold, was never greeted once on SQ
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Marsy
MileagePeso is still a lot better than SQ...
How so?

On paper, MP has a few benefits which are superior, such as CPUs, RPUs, and GPUs ... but as in my 1.5 decades as a 1K I have never cleared a CPU and gave up flying UA when GPUs stopped clearing, I don't value these as much.

Redemption on SQ is now better than on MP, especially ex SIN.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
All this getting greeted stuff isn't that big of a deal. Personally I couldn't care less.

More importantly:
- Service was excellent
- FAs walked by several times with water/juice
- there were two meal servings (lunch/snack) on an 8-hour flight
- IFE was just brilliant.

That's what you can expect on SQ.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: KF G, UA 1K, SPG P, Marriott P, Hilton G, Wyndham G
Originally Posted by weero
How so?

On paper, MP has a few benefits which are superior, such as CPUs, RPUs, and GPUs ... but as in my 1.5 decades as a 1K I have never cleared a CPU and gave up flying UA when GPUs stopped clearing, I don't value these as much.

Redemption on SQ is now better than on MP, especially ex SIN.
KF miles are only useful to redeem on SQ. Redemption on partner airline is is a lot less flexible, very costly and not transparent.

Besides, redeem SQ flights using KF miles requires very high surcharges. However using UA miles requires very small amount of surcharges on SQ flights, and most of the time cost less miles. Downside is the award availability on SQ.

Third and most importantly, you earn UA miles a lot faster when flying on UA metal with the 100% 1K bonus (the most important for me since I fly to US a few times a year). SQ is only 25%... Of course this is purely miles through flying, excluding miles collection through credit card.

Having said these, I am still attempted to jump over to AA..
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Marsy
KF miles are only useful to redeem on SQ. Redemption on partner airline is is a lot less flexible, very costly and not transparent.

Besides, redeem SQ flights using KF miles requires very high surcharges. However using UA miles requires very small amount of surcharges on SQ flights, and most of the time cost less miles. Downside is the award availability on SQ.

Third and most importantly, you earn UA miles a lot faster when flying on UA metal with the 100% 1K bonus (the most important for me since I fly to US a few times a year). SQ is only 25%... Of course this is purely miles through flying, excluding miles collection through credit card.

Having said these, I am still attempted to jump over to AA..
The elite bonus is earned only on a few partners, not the entire *A gamut.

As for AA - they don't fly from SQ and no good interline connections anymore ... that keeps me from jumping with all I have.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lingua101
I was quite surprise to see the first post, I thought OP is trying to be sarcastic
No sarcasm intended ... just pleasantly surprised compared to what I've seen on UA.

Originally Posted by aster

More importantly:
- Service was excellent
- FAs walked by several times with water/juice
- there were two meal servings (lunch/snack) on an 8-hour flight
- IFE was just brilliant.

That's what you can expect on SQ.
Agreed. There is no comparison to the crappy service/IFE on UA.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by malgudi
I actually meant for this to be posted in the UA forum ... to drive home (belabor?) the point that other *A airlines treat UA elites better than what UA does
Maybe you are better off here... I talked about SQ and Chinese domestic airlines compared to AA and got flamed a little.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Originally Posted by malgudi
No sarcasm intended ... just pleasantly surprised compared to what I've seen on UA.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
I would go further and say AA /. UA are miles behind SQ and some other Gulf and Far East airlines. My recent two medium haul flights in J on SQ has converted me....SQ it is when I can.

Agreed. There is no comparison to the crappy service/IFE on UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.