Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Newbie question: Changing the partially used partner award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Tried to read multiple threads in this forum and singaporeair.com but still confused so any advice is appreciated:

Background: I need to book the round-trip ticket but at the moment there's a good amount of uncertainty about the return date and where the return flight will originate. Specifically:
- at the moment the most likely itinerary is DME(Moscow)-IAH(Houston)-TYR(Tylex,Texas) in November, TYR-IAH-DME in January. IAH<->TYR is on United.
- however it's possible that (1) return will be in December (2) it will be IAH-DME (no need in TYR-IAH) and it will not be known by the original departure date.

What's the optimal strategy in this situation:
- if the full DME-IAH-TYR-IAH-DME ticket is booked and the outbound portion is used what changes will be allowed to the unused portion (if any)?
- if general changes to the routing of the partially used return ticket are not allowed, will SQ allow dropping the unneeded segment (TYR-IAH) while retaining the desired segment (DME-IAH)?
- will booking two one-ways be a better choice? do I understand correctly that it will allow re-depositing the fully unused return ticket for USD30 and re-booking whatever flights I see fit at that time?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.