Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

ICN Lounge use prior to SQ603 (0:20am departure)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Can someone give me an answer on what the lounge situation here is? The Star Alliance website only lists the OZ lounge - and the OZ website says it closes at 9pm. But SQ's website does list a Silver Kris lounge (googling mentions SQ's lounge in ICN has closed a number of years ago). I'm travelling in C and arrive at 8.50pm. If the Silver Kris lounge is there, what does it have inside? Any showers?

thanks
goodo
Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:33 am
BON

Programs: UA 1K
There is a new Silver Kris lounge in the satellite terminal. It was opened earlier this year. It's pretty basic but it has 2 shower rooms.

Facilities:
Internet PC
Wireless Internet
TV
Restrooms
Showers

Hours:
Daily
0700 - 0900 hours
1300 - 2350 hours
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BON
There is a new Silver Kris lounge in the satellite terminal. It was opened earlier this year. It's pretty basic ...

Is this new SQ lounge 'more basic' than the OZ lounge in the satellite terminal? I consider all OZ C-lounges in ICN to be pretty basic, when it comes to working space, reading material and food. Is the SQ lounge an improvement on that?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:45 am

Not sure about the satellite OZ lounge, but definitely miles better than the main concourse OZ lounge, which was really dark and crowded, and the seats weren't nice either.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:05 am
BON

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FedUp2
Is this new SQ lounge 'more basic' than the OZ lounge in the satellite terminal? I consider all OZ C-lounges in ICN to be pretty basic, when it comes to working space, reading material and food. Is the SQ lounge an improvement on that?
I think the SKL is definitely better than the Asiana lounge on all counts. The best thing about the SKL is that it has an open air design and faces out which lets in lots of light.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:24 pm

Actually, I find the OZ lounge in the main terminal to be much better than the SKL in the satellite terminal. Much better selection of food, more spacious and massage chairs to relax in. I generally have not had issues being able to get a table along the wall, where I can work in peace. The OZ lounge can get a bit crowded, but I find the SKL lounge to be always crowded just before a SQ flight; it's pretty small and barely accommodates all the First and Business class passengers on a flight, not to mention all the *Gold passengers in Economy as well.

The main advantage (to me) of the SKL is that being in the satellite terminal, it is about a 5 minute walk to the gate that you will depart from. The OZ lounge is in the main terminal, and so separated by the train. Not a huge issue if you plan ahead, of course.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 1:22 am

I tried both the satellite OZ lounge and the Krisflyer lounge recently.

The OZ lounge was opened past 9pm. Not many people. There are massage chairs for you to take a rest.

Both offer showers with toiletries. Note, there are no toilet facilities within the showers. Toilets are separate.

In terms of food, SIA has better food selections at around 9 plus at night than the satellite OZ lounge. Both aren't wonderful, but OZ's choices are a bit dismal.

Not many people in the Krisflyer lounge or the OZ lounge at around 9 plus/10 pm on a Monday night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.