Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sq gold lounge......"no showers"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Emirates Sywards Gold, Qantas Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Sq gold lounge......"no showers"

I've been travelling with SQ for many years and find them to be one of the best airlines in the world.... I'm based from Australia and go through Singapore as a hub to access Asia and European cities.

What I find amazing nowadays is the lack of attention SQ give to the multitudes of economy travelling business people who are Gold flyers.

When T3 was built the NEW gold flyer lounge had no showers and no toilets.....now they have changed the T2 lounge again no showers and no toilets....I was told that after a red eye from the east coast of Australia.......that I have to pay to have a shower before my next flight into Asia...
I think that this ridiculous....
They should......if they unwilling to offer a shower facility.....make an arrangement where you can use a shower FREE OF CHARGE.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Deleted
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Sadly but true, SQ only pays attention to the F and J class passengers followed by PPS Club. KF Gold and Star Gold are generally not in their radar.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
my friend who is KF gold said, they become very stingy and only concentrate on F&J pax. Glad I didn't join KF program, getting a much better service from OZ.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plt, AS G, MR Ti, IC
Regardless, its hard to see that much benefit as a PPS versus KF Gold or *G, so I'm thinking about OZ as a second program (with COdbUA, for now) instead of SQ. Its not like S/Y/B fares on SQ are peanuts on some of their routes, which is kind of vexing.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:11 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
It's "ridiculous" that they don't provide a shower after your economy flight to Singapore? I don't believe showers are a guaranteed minimum benefit of star alliance lounges. Why should SQ go out of it's way to provide extra cost benefits to customers who are not their own premium pax?

How would you advise them to justify it?

Last edited by TA; Aug 23, 2012 at 9:21 am
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold, GarudaMiles Silver, Le Club Accorhotels Gold
Originally Posted by TA
It's "ridiculous" that they don't provide a shower after your economy flight to Singapore? I don't believe showers are a guaranteed minimum benefit of star alliance lounges. Why should SQ go out of it's way to provide extra cost benefits to customers who are not their own premium pax?

Because many of us are regular full-fare economy passengers and are members of KrisFlyer Elite Gold. Because Singapore Airlines is supposed to be a premium carrier. Because many other airlines offer Star Gold passengers access to showers in their lounges.

I have no issue with First and Business being separated form KrisFlyer Gold/Star Gold but to not provide a shower does seem ridiculous for a lounge of a long-haul airline.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by TA

Basically what you are saying is why should any airports go out of their way to provide toilets extra benefits to customers who are only there to fly?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: QF WP
We are simply hoping for SQ to provide facilities that are on-par with and expected from other airlines.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
One would think a sensible solution would be to offer vouchers on request to use the paid shower facilities in T3. Probably less costly than maintaining showers in the KF Gold Lounge.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by TA

I would expect a Business Class lounge to have a shower, it is a benefit that is not guaranteed but an expected facility in a Business Class lounge.

Gold Card holders are regognised through the alliance as premium passengers because of their levels of flying.

So yes, it is ridiculous SQ does not allow Gold Card holders into their business class lounge in Singapore and provides a mediocre lounge that does not have shower facilities.

Globalist
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:04 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
On the silly comment about airport bathrooms, that's not even worth answering.

SQ *does* have a business class lounge with showers -- for their business class passengers. They are meeting the international premium carrier standard in that respect.

*You* are unhappy because you do not get showers as an economy class passenger. Let's just be clear about that?

I don't think economy class, regardless of Star Gold or not, are guaranteed or even expected to have shower facilities. I would hazard to say that a significant number of Star Gold lounges do not have them.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
SQ is planning to overhaul all their Silver Kris lounges worldwide... so lets hope that they might plan to install some showers where available - if plumbing issues permit them.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...irport-lounges
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by TA
On the silly comment about airport bathrooms, that's not even worth answering.

SQ *does* have a business class lounge with showers -- for their business class passengers. They are meeting the international premium carrier standard in that respect.

*You* are unhappy because you do not get showers as an economy class passenger. Let's just be clear about that?

I don't think economy class, regardless of Star Gold or not, are guaranteed or even expected to have shower facilities. I would hazard to say that a significant number of Star Gold lounges do not have them.
TA, you don't have to repeat that SQ biz class lounges has shower facilities as we all know they do provide. So you are flying SQ biz and departing from other cities where only available lounge is *gold with no shower facilities, are you happy with that?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:47 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by TA
..I don't believe showers are a guaranteed minimum benefit of star alliance lounges. Why should SQ go out of it's way to provide extra cost benefits to customers..
I believe that you have nicely summarized how today's SQ coach experience 'works'. Scratch along the agreed lower boundary of required services....
Originally Posted by TA
..SQ *does* have a business class lounge with showers -- for their business class passengers. They are meeting the international premium carrier standard in that respect.
But it's not a requirement for Star Alliance business lounges, so let's loose them!
..I don't think economy class, regardless of Star Gold or not, are guaranteed or even expected to have shower facilities.
Nor are business pax .... so your point is????
I would hazard to say that a significant number of Star Gold lounges do not have them.
So which full service carrier in Asia other than SQ does not offer showers in their lounges? I would not know any.

Nor would I know a European or Australian one for that matter.

But I guess the real standards for SQ's coach are some of the major US airlines.
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
SQ is planning to overhaul all their Silver Kris lounges worldwide...
I wonder if some of the lounge overhaul money will be spend on further crippling the *G lounge experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.