Wiki Posts
Search

SQ F connecting to SQ Y - Hand luggage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amanjunkie
SQ F connecting to SQ Y - Hand luggage

Sorry if this has been covered before, I did a search but nothing came up.

We are flying LHR-SIN in F connecting to SIN-DPS in Y. The itinerary is on one ticket. In SIN we have a 18 hour layover.

The handluggage allowance in F is 2 pieces per person. Will this allowance be also granted on our connecting flight in Y ? We want to avoid having to repack everything at the gate

Thank you
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by GK1998
Sorry if this has been covered before, I did a search but nothing came up.

We are flying LHR-SIN in F connecting to SIN-DPS in Y. The itinerary is on one ticket. In SIN we have a 18 hour layover.

The handluggage allowance in F is 2 pieces per person. Will this allowance be also granted on our connecting flight in Y ? We want to avoid having to repack everything at the gate

Thank you
My experience has been that you're most likely to get pulled up on your hand luggage when you actually check in.

If you've checked-in for your flight and have your boarding passes you should be safe
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: UA*1K, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
I'd rather be checking in at the First Class counter with my 3 carry ons than the Economy one
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You'll be fine. SQ at SIN has not been known to pull someone aside based on extra pieces of hand luggage.. unless its a china bound flight !

If there is a problem, just show the gate agent your F boarding pass.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
You'll be fine. SQ at SIN has not been known to pull someone aside based on extra pieces of hand luggage.. unless its a china bound flight !

If there is a problem, just show the gate agent your F boarding pass.
.. or an indian bound flight and you are Indian.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Ah yes, I was a recipient of this recently. Traveling with a single 20" rollaboard in business class: "Sir, I need to weigh your luggage. Its 9 kg, you'll have to remove 2 kg sir". All this while two caucasian pax traveling in Y walk past with 6 (yes, six) carryon pieces between them. The moment I pointed that out, she let me go without a word. The flight was about 50% full. Go figure.

If you're white, you'll be fine.

Yes, this post isn't PC. But its the reality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.