Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Tanya934
Debating whether to fly SQ to Australia next year in business class rather than going with Emirates as we have Miles & More Membership. One of our friends has had to pay £50 per sector in economy to select their seat prior to departure? Are SQ bringing this cost out over all classes and at what cost per sector?
£50 is excessive. The news mentioned $5 USD for advance seats for cheapest fare.

SQ do sell preferred seating (exit row) for around $50 USD (not sure if depending on route), free for PPS.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
If I land via BA at 1600 would the 1805 to DPS be a very risky venture? No other flight after that till the next day which has no award seats. So either I risk that or book a $300 ticket in Y on Jet star. Separate tickets off course so would need to collect and check in again.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Can you transfer KF miles between accounts? Trying to figure out how to get points into partners account for a redemption. Although I've linked our accounts I now get the impression it isn't for transferring points.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Can you transfer KF miles between accounts? Trying to figure out how to get points into partners account for a redemption. Although I've linked our accounts I now get the impression it isn't for transferring points.
You can't transfer points between accounts AFAIK.
NZbutterfly likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
No, best you can do is make the booking for your partner using your miles.
NZbutterfly likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Do SQ ever have a sale? looking for F flights LHR-SIN, but it's nearly £7k return. Wouldn't mind it reduced to at least £3k.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Do SQ ever have a sale? looking for F flights LHR-SIN, but it's nearly £7k return. Wouldn't mind it reduced to at least £3k.
TRy some of the travel agencies like Trailfinders.
We managed to get Bus class return with them in their seat sale.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by GodAtum
The lowest I've ever seen a RT ex-LHR was at around US$8k. SQ doesn't put their F product 'on sale' really but some travel agents might be able to give you discounts. GBP 7K return is more or less what you would expect unfortunately. GBP 3k is unrealistic since even their J class sells at more than that (around USD 5k) at times.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for JetBlue miles to post? Flew B6 on Christmas Eve, and I don't see the flight credit in the Recent Activity.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for JetBlue miles to post? Flew B6 on Christmas Eve, and I don't see the flight credit in the Recent Activity.
Took several weeks for me last time.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
I've had to claim the missing miles for B6 flights in the past (some, not all). Very easy to do - download and complete the form and email it along with your boarding pass.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by 54austin
I've had to claim the missing miles for B6 flights in the past (some, not all). Very easy to do - download and complete the form and email it along with your boarding pass.
Ugh. I mistakenly deleted my boarding pass off my phone a few weeks back. The flight doesn't show in the B6 history either ... the website there is pretty terrible. Incidentally, how do you look up the fare class for B6 tickets?

In any case, was only 376 miles or so. Not a huge deal in the end if it doesn't post.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Ugh. I mistakenly deleted my boarding pass off my phone a few weeks back. The flight doesn't show in the B6 history either ... the website there is pretty terrible. Incidentally, how do you look up the fare class for B6 tickets?

In any case, was only 376 miles or so. Not a huge deal in the end if it doesn't post.
I forget how I looked up the fare code...I might have just used the fare code (on ITA Matrix) for the cheapest fare I could find for that flight.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: points traveller
can you add an additional leg to an award booking post the initial booking.

e.g LHR-SIN now, and then add SIN-SYD later on? (i don't currently have enough miles to book the full way through but don't want to lose the availability)

TIA
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:57 pm

Quick question on refundable tickets: Is there a fee on refundable fares? I'm looking at an Economy H fare, which is listed as economy. It looks like there's a $150 fee... but wanted to confirm before booking. Are there "true" refundable fares with no fees at all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.