Search

Fare Class when changing booking.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold, HH Gold
Fare Class when changing booking.

Hi,

Apologies if this information is elsewhere, but I can't find it.

When changing an existing booking through the website, I can search for flights and select them. The website says that the full fare conditions will be displayed on the payment page. I go to the payment page, but there's no way to see the fare conditions at all. I really want to know the fare class so I know the status points earned on Velocity. Anyone know how to get this information?

Secondly, if I select a flight and it comes up with a refund, will I actually be refunded the amount onto my card?

Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by Raynz
Hi,

Apologies if this information is elsewhere, but I can't find it.

When changing an existing booking through the website, I can search for flights and select them. The website says that the full fare conditions will be displayed on the payment page. I go to the payment page, but there's no way to see the fare conditions at all. I really want to know the fare class so I know the status points earned on Velocity. Anyone know how to get this information?

Secondly, if I select a flight and it comes up with a refund, will I actually be refunded the amount onto my card?

Thanks!
Let me assume you are talking about booking on singaporeairlines.com.

Step 1 select destination & date
Step 2 Select the flight option scroll down till slightly above the airfare you will see (View summary of fare conditions)

from there you will be able to know the class fare and other details about fare condition.

the above steps are only works on singaporeairlines.com i got no experience in getting the booking class from velocity

Last edited by yauee; Jul 4, 2012 at 4:56 am
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I should have been.

Yes, I'm talking about Singaporeair.com

Velocity is Virgin Australia's FF program. I'm crediting my flights towards that. I get status miles for certain fare classes (e.g. W) but not others (e.g. V).

I have already booked the flights and found the fare conditions, similar to how you described. I now want to change my flights through the singaporeair.com website (as I've found that the better connections are now cheaper than they were before, maybe something to do with the extra SIN->LHR flight).

When I go into MMB and select change flights, it allows me to select the flight I want, when I click next it shows me the fare difference (19GBP) and says

You will be able to see the detailed fare conditions on the payment page, before you enter your payment details. When you mix fare types and cabin classes, the conditions of the most restrictive fare is applicable for the entire itinerary.
But when I get to the payment page, it doesn't show this information and there's no link to show it. So how can I know what the fare class will be for the new flights, or do they just not change?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:14 am

Programs: KF
Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I should have been.

Yes, I'm talking about Singaporeair.com

Velocity is Virgin Australia's FF program. I'm crediting my flights towards that. I get status miles for certain fare classes (e.g. W) but not others (e.g. V).

I have already booked the flights and found the fare conditions, similar to how you described. I now want to change my flights through the singaporeair.com website (as I've found that the better connections are now cheaper than they were before, maybe something to do with the extra SIN->LHR flight).

When I go into MMB and select change flights, it allows me to select the flight I want, when I click next it shows me the fare difference (19GBP) and says

But when I get to the payment page, it doesn't show this information and there's no link to show it. So how can I know what the fare class will be for the new flights, or do they just not change?
not everything can seamlessly done or offered on their website , so better call to make sure your getting the correct fare class you want. Otherwise, try to pull up the same iterinary on online travel sites like expedia, when the price is almost same (as expedia doesn't charge booking fee for SQ flight), they can pull up the fare class right away.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wanderer9020
not everything can seamlessly done or offered on their website , so better call to make sure your getting the correct fare class you want. Otherwise, try to pull up the same iterinary on online travel sites like expedia, when the price is almost same (as expedia doesn't charge booking fee for SQ flight), they can pull up the fare class right away.
I did actually call them and they did the change without charging me the fare difference (they said there wasn't one).

But still, it's strange that they won't tell you the fare conditions online. And actually it's difficult to see the fare conditions of your current booking as well. Will wait and see if the new website is different.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, LH SEN, CZ G, QR G, CX G, BA EC, HH D, MR S, SPG G, IC A
I did actually call them and they did the change without charging me the fare difference (they said there wasn't one).

But still, it's strange that they won't tell you the fare conditions online. And actually it's difficult to see the fare conditions of your current booking as well. Will wait and see if the new website is different.
The fare conditions are prominently linked throughout the online booking process.

Search for the flights you want, tick the ones that suit your schedule, then at the bottom of the screen (before the next step), there is a link 'View summary of fare conditions'. That link is also available during all the follow on steps till you complete your booking.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Desert Traveller
The fare conditions are prominently linked throughout the online booking process.

Search for the flights you want, tick the ones that suit your schedule, then at the bottom of the screen (before the next step), there is a link 'View summary of fare conditions'. That link is also available during all the follow on steps till you complete your booking.
I am trying to change a booking, not make a new one. I've looked 5 or 6 times and they're not there (I can see them for a new booking). So either I'm blind or they're missing. All I get is the info at the top explaining flexi saver, etc. But not the exact fare conditions or booking class.

I guess I could do a search for a new booking, but would that guarantee the conditions I'm getting for changing a booking (if they're the same flight and price)?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: KF

there wasn't any fare difference because they rebooked you on the same fare class you originally booked, so the same fare conditions, fair enough. Sometimes the one were seeing through their website does not actually the same against the system they're looking, they can withhold or hide fare class availabilities. If you'll able to call them, why not just ask pronto the fare class, the fare conditions, they have all the access for all of these infos right away.Of course there is no system as perfect as you can imagine, so bear with it. No online fare conditions? call, thats it.You might want to suggest though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.