Search

Mobile Application

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:16 am
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Mobile Application

Just looked around here and did not see any thread about SQ's mobile app.

After reading today's Straits Time article on the mobile check-in on the app, I realized that you can actually do that with SQ... I was used to it with LX and always thought "when is SQ going to do that?"

So I launch the app and enter my KF number... no password asked, which means that no reservations are retrieved. I have to manually "retrieve" my reservations?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Is anyone using this app extensively when traveling ex Changi? The newspaper article was talking about this extra step that Changi security requires from mobile check-in travelers. That, even with the issued "bar code" (forgot the name of those special square codes), passengers still need to go to a specific counter to get some piece of paper... invalidating the entire practicality of mobile check-in (or internet check-in with an option to receive that bar code on one's smart phone).
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:49 am

Did use the Mobile check-in a few times, i had no problem to retrieve my bookings via Krisflyer account. Just i find it quite uncomfortable to do it on the mobile honestly. Prefer doing it with my laptop.

Problem with mobile/internet check-in , that a lot destinations you can fly ex-Changi requiring visas. And the airline is supposed to verify if you have valid travel documents/visas. Cant be done online really. Thats why you will still have to go to a check-in counter at Changi to do that.
I gave up printing bording passes back home or in the office, i will anyway need to go to a counter.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:26 pm
Original Poster
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Ooops yes there is a field for the PIN... not sure why I was only seeing the part with the FFP #. It would be nice if the app was able to, through the info provided on our profile, tell us whether we should go to a desk for the visa verification or if we can just walk through immigration with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.