Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you book U, L or K class tickets?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
How do you book U, L or K class tickets?

SQ's website is only offering V (0% miles) or W (100%) class tickets for some flights that I want to book.

However U, L & K offer 100% miles on UA and should (in theory) be cheaper as they are lower fare buckets.

The call center is pretty useless - they seemed to be rather confused by the concept of fare classes.

Is there any way to do this online?
Old May 21, 2012, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rruaco
...However U, L & K offer 100% miles on UA and should (in theory) be cheaper as they are lower fare buckets...
Do those fares even exist? I have never seen any SQ U/L/K fares in markets where I fly.
Old May 23, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Certain booking classes exists for certain markets only. So you would need to see what is your origin and destination is. SQ does not offer fares that don't exist.

U class was used for shuttl flights between SIN and KUL.
K/L class are used for interlining only. ie fares from YVR to SIN on AC (ticketed on AC, fare by AC) via HKG. The SQ portion is usually booked in K or L class depending on fare rules. Only a TA can determine which class to book in. Doesn't matter what AC is booked in. It does not work if booked as AC codeshare.
Old May 23, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
when i need H or M fares to get 100% mileage accrual on the ROP program (cheaper than the E fares), I need to book it via telephone.

Last edited by anaidross; May 23, 2012 at 3:10 pm
Old May 23, 2012, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Certain booking classes exists for certain markets only. So you would need to see what is your origin and destination is. SQ does not offer fares that don't exist.

U class was used for shuttl flights between SIN and KUL.
K/L class are used for interlining only. ie fares from YVR to SIN on AC (ticketed on AC, fare by AC) via HKG. The SQ portion is usually booked in K or L class depending on fare rules. Only a TA can determine which class to book in. Doesn't matter what AC is booked in. It does not work if booked as AC codeshare.
+1, when booking with AC, I usually get K or L class. You can access these fares from online booking websites too.
Old May 29, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by rruaco
SQ's website is only offering V (0% miles) or W (100%) class tickets for some flights that I want to book.

However U, L & K offer 100% miles on UA and should (in theory) be cheaper as they are lower fare buckets.

The call center is pretty useless - they seemed to be rather confused by the concept of fare classes.

Is there any way to do this online?
I was just told by SQ SIN call centre that
G earns no miles
V earns 10%.
N, T earn 50%
B, Y, E and S earn 100% and are upgradeable
H, U. L, K, and W earn 100% but are not upgradeable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.