Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Quality of SQ Business Class Food & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quality of SQ Business Class Food & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The quality of SQ's inflight meals are totally dependent from the inflight kitchens they can out of.

Normally, from what I know from my SQ friends (and personal experience)... the following 'stations' have good catering.. ICN.
Sorry Guy Betsy... just flew from ICN in J. Wife's steak was tough and rubbery. Garlic bread was so hard that it was totally inedible after just one bite!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
A steak needs to be done on the spot, by a proper cook, according to your precise instructions. A steak served as tray food on an airline just seems like the wrong type of food to choose...
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Question

Originally Posted by KACommuter
+1^.

More seriously, airlines are under pressure to cut costs thanks to the high cost of fuel. And more and more airlines are coming to the conclusion that majority of the market is not willing to pay a premium for good food and drink, so that's an obvious first place to start slashing costs.

It's unfortunate for the minority who are willing to pay more.
Just to remind you that airlines supply fuel up to 6 months in advance, but they change YQ tax on everyday basis, so we passengers pay the extra cost of airtravel, not the airlines.

I must say that C class soft and hard product on SQ B77W and A380 was the best ever, but this was last year. It seems now things are changing for SQ too.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:44 am

I'm trying to choose my meals online for upcoming flights, but I can't seem to get any confirmation that they have accepted my meal choices. In fact, after submitting my meal choices, the screen resets to the "standard" meal choice for each passenger (and each time I come back to choose meals, it shows the default "standard" meal choice initially). Does anyone have any similar experiences? Has anyone had any problems with meal choice selections? Thanks in advance.

(Not sure if my question fits squarely in this one, but did not want to start a new thread.)
Old May 3, 2012, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by andysiz
I'm trying to choose my meals online for upcoming flights, but I can't seem to get any confirmation that they have accepted my meal choices. In fact, after submitting my meal choices, the screen resets to the "standard" meal choice for each passenger (and each time I come back to choose meals, it shows the default "standard" meal choice initially). Does anyone have any similar experiences? Has anyone had any problems with meal choice selections? Thanks in advance.

(Not sure if my question fits squarely in this one, but did not want to start a new thread.)
yeah - it takes a while to update - like a few minutes. You might need to log out and then back in again. Same thing happened to me with seat selection - I'd change it but it would still show the old number. Then a few mins later it would change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.