Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:26 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Just grabbed 21A and 16K for JFK-FRA-JFK, very excited for my first longhaul flight on SQ. With 16K being in front of the galley will it be bothersome or noisy? It is a daytime flight so I don't plan to sleep much anyway. Thanks!
I found SQ crews to be very respectful of the passengers and very quiet, so no loud talking, etc
It should be comparitively quiet after meal service...
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:19 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Thank you!

Yes, I noticed the lack of windows discussed in this thread, it won't be an issue.
But the issue will be that sometimes freezing wind coming from the stairway. Avoid the first rows on the upper deck! Stay row 15, it is much more comfortable.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by behuman
But the issue will be that sometimes freezing wind coming from the stairway. Avoid the first rows on the upper deck! Stay row 15, it is much more comfortable.
I love the row 11 on the A380, despite the lack of windows. The single seats are spacious, the front pathway to the stairs leading down to Suites gives you a quiet empty space to walk and stretch. Very little human traffic, and the front toilet is extra roomy. I prefer 11A, which is the side without a toilet (only one up front). I find that some pax are often inconsiderate about leaving the passageway curtains drawn when they head to/from the toilet and the stray light is annoying when you're trying to sleep.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by fimo
I love the row 11 on the A380, despite the lack of windows. The single seats are spacious, the front pathway to the stairs leading down to Suites gives you a quiet empty space to walk and stretch. Very little human traffic, and the front toilet is extra roomy. I prefer 11A, which is the side without a toilet (only one up front). I find that some pax are often inconsiderate about leaving the passageway curtains drawn when they head to/from the toilet and the stray light is annoying when you're trying to sleep.
Huge fan of row 11 as well. Small correction: I believe the roomy toilet you are referring to is in front of 11A. So 11K is the seat that you want.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by cowie
Huge fan of row 11 as well. Small correction: I believe the roomy toilet you are referring to is in front of 11A. So 11K is the seat that you want.
Oops yes 11K!! And I just sat there 3 days ago to boot... LOL
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:20 am

Me and my GF have 11 D&F booked for two upcoming sectors (ZRH-SIN & JFK-FRA), I know the window seats in this row have no windows but from looking at the seating chart I seems as though the middle seats are staggered back a bit compared to the aisle seats. Hence my question is, does that mean you can see the window in row 12 from the row 11 middle seats? Not to concerned either way as I value bulkhead over window but would be nice to know.

We've also got 3 C&D booked in suites from SIN-JFK, thoughts?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by dlind2
Me and my GF have 11 D&F booked for two upcoming sectors (ZRH-SIN & JFK-FRA),
Avoid row 11 like the pest unless you like a constant unpleasant flow of air coming up the stairs. Had a horrible trip once. Go for 15 D&F.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:39 am
Suspended

Me and my GF have 11 D&F booked for two upcoming sectors (ZRH-SIN & JFK-FRA), I know the window seats in this row have no windows but from looking at the seating chart I seems as though the middle seats are staggered back a bit compared to the aisle seats. Hence my question is, does that mean you can see the window in row 12 from the row 11 middle seats? Not to concerned either way as I value bulkhead over window but would be nice to know.

We've also got 3 C&D booked in suites from SIN-JFK, thoughts?
Nope no window view whatsoever in 11. 3CD fine in Suites.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Nope no window view whatsoever in 11. 3CD fine in Suites.
Would you recommend 96 D&F instead, if so does the proximity to the galley not bother you?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:13 am

Would you recommend 96 D&F instead, if so does the proximity to the galley not bother you?
Row 96 gets very, very cold.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by cowie
Row 96 gets very, very cold.
I actually really like the temperature a bit colder. Was more thinking about galley proximity etc.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:05 am

I actually really like the temperature a bit colder. Was more thinking about galley proximity etc.
I, too, prefer it cold, but it was freezing.

Galley noise: there will be some, for sure. Also beware of foot traffic to the bathrooms at the rear, depending on how full the flight is. If it's half filled, pax will generally use the bathrooms in the middle of the cabin.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:19 am

Avoid row 11 like the pest unless you like a constant unpleasant flow of air coming up the stairs. Had a horrible trip once. Go for 15 D&F.
Would 14 D&F be advisable compared to 15 D&F?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by fuschia
Would 14 D&F be advisable compared to 15 D&F?
equivalent and far enough from the front
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:16 am

equivalent and far enough from the front
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.