Community
Wiki Posts
Search

opening my eyes, flying SQ to Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
During my last encounter checking in at SIN as a *G I asked the agent if they had any exit or bulkead seats available (I'm 6'5"). She scowled and very loudly announced to no-one in particular "no seat changes on this flight!" Once on the aircraft there were folks seated in the bulkhead seats that clearly were not frequent flyers based on their behavior.
Giving those seats (and the exit row) to frequent flyers is not always the practice on European and Asian airlines. Often bulkheads are kept back for those with young children, and exit rows for those who specifically ask for them at check-in and appear to have some justification for wanting them e.g. tall people. Though as time goes on, the US practice (or charging for them) is becoming more common.

Neil
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by pacer142
Giving those seats (and the exit row) to frequent flyers is not always the practice on European and Asian airlines. Often bulkheads are kept back for those with young children, and exit rows for those who specifically ask for them at check-in and appear to have some justification for wanting them e.g. tall people. Though as time goes on, the US practice (or charging for them) is becoming more common.

Neil
Yes, only twice have I gotten bulkhead seats on SQ, or any other Asian/European carrier. Children are often sitting in these seats. And I heard recently SQ is starting to charge extra for exit row seats.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtacchi

For anyone who lives and works in Asia, We PAY $$$$ for J and F. ..
"We PAY"?
I've been on FT long enough...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-gcmr2005.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.