Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

When Will Those Regional Relics Be Replaced On SIN-DXB-SIN?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 7:29 am
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum

Good grief! Talk about antique interiors & IFE! Come on SQ when Emirates are offering aircraft with state-of-the-art hardware just how do SQ compete? My flight SIN-DXB this week was at less than 50% capacity - no wonder! Do they have plans to retrofit or replce these birds? Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:26 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
Good grief! Talk about antique interiors & IFE! Come on SQ when Emirates are offering aircraft with state-of-the-art hardware just how do SQ compete? My flight SIN-DXB this week was at less than 50% capacity - no wonder! Do they have plans to retrofit or replce these birds? Thanks.
Nobody? No?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
There's something about getting all of the 744s and 772s (may include ERs) out of service in Mar 2012 once all 5 of the new whalejets are in service..

That is the extent that I know of..
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:34 am
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by General_Flyer
There's something about getting all of the 744s and 772s (may include ERs) out of service in Mar 2012 once all 5 of the new whalejets are in service..

That is the extent that I know of..
Ok, appreciate that. We'll see I suppose. Will try to use the SIN-AUH service in future as I understand that had the new leather regional seats ^...or try to get F on SIN-DXB
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Those interiors are old with out of date IFE.I am kind of thankful I am not going to Cairo next week anymore or I would be stuck with these relics of a plane not to mention a complaint to my local SIA office when I get home to Australia.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:18 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LOLABUNNY
Those interiors are old with out of date IFE.I am kind of thankful I am not going to Cairo next week anymore or I would be stuck with these relics of a plane not to mention a complaint to my local SIA office when I get home to Australia.
For a day fght - fine. Service was great & food fine. For night flights? Nooo!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:11 am
NoY
Original Poster

The refurbished B773 will be flying DXB-SIN-DXB on selected flights commencing July. Just confirmed this on Expertflyer
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
The refurbished B773 will be flying DXB-SIN-DXB on selected flights commencing July. Just confirmed this on Expertflyer
I can confirm this. I booked an F ticket in August DXB-SIN and just assumed it was the old style First, only to find out it's now on a refitted 773!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by NoY
Ok, appreciate that. We'll see I suppose. Will try to use the SIN-AUH service in future as I understand that had the new leather regional seats ^...or try to get F on SIN-DXB
Or simply book with Emirates .
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:17 am
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KACommuter
Or simply book with Emirates .
Errm....not when burning bmi DC miles, no @:-)
Old Aug 11, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)
Any update on this? Have to go to SIN early Sept from DXB and do not want to be stuck in recliners for two overnight flights (there and back).

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:52 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vitriol01
Any update on this? Have to go to SIN early Sept from DXB and do not want to be stuck in recliners for two overnight flights (there and back).

Thanks!
Pick the flights with B773 operating - that will be an a/c with a nice modern interior Avoid B772
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
About time they upgraded the equipment on these flights! FWIW EK is often sold out in J a couple of weeks out, so clearly they have the larger chunk of the DXB - SIN market. And for good reason.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:52 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Didn't we discuss this in another thread before? Anyways, IIRC when checking flights to CAI (via DXB) for a colleague it turned out the aircraft would be 772ERs with SpaceBeds in a 2-2-2 layout and no F class. Not sure if that was a fluke but the seatmap indicated that. If so it would be a somewhat acceptable seat IMHO. NOt great but better than the recliners.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
I think some people forget that EK is not flying passengers from Singapore - Dubai, it is flying passengers from Singapore - India, Europe, USA, Africa etc. SQ is flying passengers from Singapore - Dubai but also some from Australia but probably not more than that.

That's what I think at least, and may be able to explain the difference in passengers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.