Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, SQ KrisFlyer, BA Avios, SPG Gold, Priority Club, Platinum Card
Originally Posted by hondaman82
I waitlisted for May 12 from LAX - SIN (LAX-NRT-SIN) on Feb 28th, just got a clear email and confirmed my flight, so excited, thanks all for tips and tricks, what SUITES seat should i select?
Lucky you! I have been waitlisted for a flight SIN-FRA-JFK for June 11th since July 2015. Still waiting and hoping it goes through, otherwise ill have to book a backup

ps have called plenty of times for chasers, I feel like half the time they don't actually "chase" it.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
At what point should i call in for a suites saver lax-nrt to see if a waitlist can be pushed through? My earliest booking is just over a month away.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by ynwa28
Do you have any status with SQ? Also did you call them to request chasers?
Hi, I am new to SQ, no status, i did call yesterday morning asking about the waitlisted status, 8hrs later I got the clear notice, not sure if it is just a coincident or she actually chasing

Last edited by hondaman82; Apr 21, 2016 at 10:38 am
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Red259
At what point should i call in for a suites saver lax-nrt to see if a waitlist can be pushed through? My earliest booking is just over a month away.
Now.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
SIN-HND J waitlisted for about a month now, for travel in May. Was still dithering about plans so didn't push earlier for confirmation. Just called today and received confirmation within 10mins.

Solitaire PPS.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:50 pm

I have 9 flights waitlisted for LAX-NRT this May and I don't know how to approach asking for chasers with that many options. My waitlisted flights are for 2 in both suites and biz for a Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues, plus suites for Wednesday. Thankfully, I was able to lock in 2 seats in biz on Wednesday, but really want to travel earlier.
Can I request chasers for all those bookings? I've seen at at least one post of someone getting told by SQ CSRs about a limit to the number of chasers, but then another post saying the CSR was incorrect and to HUCA. I just don't want to be a jerk and HUCA if 9 chasers is truly not possible.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by IAmKai
I have 9 flights waitlisted for LAX-NRT this May and I don't know how to approach asking for chasers with that many options. My waitlisted flights are for 2 in both suites and biz for a Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues, plus suites for Wednesday. Thankfully, I was able to lock in 2 seats in biz on Wednesday, but really want to travel earlier.
Can I request chasers for all those bookings? I've seen at at least one post of someone getting told by SQ CSRs about a limit to the number of chasers, but then another post saying the CSR was incorrect and to HUCA. I just don't want to be a jerk and HUCA if 9 chasers is truly not possible.
I called Krisflyer 2 weeks after initial booking. I was after SIN to LAX return and they said they would send a chaser. 10 mins later they gave me an option to fly SFO instead which was not what I needed.

I called back and cancelled this and they said to call back 3-4 weeks time if it wasn't cleared by then. Planned to call them after this but it came through by SMS then email.

Regardless of my experience, it's harmless to call them and ask. Worse thing that will happen is they say can't do anything which doesn't change your current situation. Least they're aware then you're still waiting for the seat availability.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IAmKai
Well why don't u make a call and decide which date would be your most preferred for travel and chase for that one first. If nothing happens next day call and chase for your 2nd option, then next day for 3rd ...

Chasing for all of them at the same time may not be that effective as likely your requests will come to small pool of people who can actually decide and why risk ticking them off by reviewing 9 or 10 bookings (5 flights or so) when you clearly only have the intention to take one of the flights. YMMV.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Well why don't u make a call and decide which date would be your most preferred for travel and chase for that one first. If nothing happens next day call and chase for your 2nd option, then next day for 3rd ...

Chasing for all of them at the same time may not be that effective as likely your requests will come to small pool of people who can actually decide and why risk ticking them off by reviewing 9 or 10 bookings (5 flights or so) when you clearly only have the intention to take one of the flights. YMMV.
Gotcha. I took your advice and just offered one chaser request. The CSR actually asked me, though, if I wanted to chase any other bookings, so I added one more booking to the chaser request. Hopefully, it works out. Thanks for the tip!

* Also, thanks Mlee888!
Old Apr 23, 2016, 3:11 am
Suspended

I waitlisted flight from singapore to jfk on 20 th april and it was cleared on same day

it is really bad they released the flight seat same day as departure date
Old Apr 23, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by willythomas561
I waitlisted flight from singapore to jfk on 20 th april and it was cleared on same day

it is really bad they released the flight seat same day as departure date
Did you managed to secure another seat prior?
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:45 am

just waitlisted suites for 3 flights for LAX to NRT and 3 for NRT to LAX in early/mid aug, with back up booking confirmed for business for LAX to NRT. 8K points short of getting the way back in biz, amex takes so long to release the points from previous billing statement.

gonna call and request chaser starting monday!
Old Apr 23, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Im waitlist for suites class lax-nrt. I see a j seat open for one of my dates. If i take a j seat can i easily switch to suites if something opens up on the same or different flight? Im not seeing any return flights though so i am a bit concerned about getting stranded.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nivla83
Did you managed to secure another seat prior?
i cancelled it because they make waitlisted flight available on same day in departure date

i booked business class from singapore to jfk anyway
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:02 pm

Hi All,
If i waitlist LAX - SIN, what number or email should I send to to request chaser? The SQ website has different contact information for Reservation and Krisflyer membership service, please advise, thanks!

**Reservation & Ticketing Office
Reservations/Ticketing enquiries email [email protected]
Other enquiries email [email protected]
Telephone +1 (800) 742-3333 (toll free within the USA)
Fax +1 (310) 615-0373
Operating hours
24 hour service, 7 days a week
For ticketing or reservations enquiries please call 1 800 742-3333. Charges may apply if calling from outside the USA.

*KrisFlyer Membership Services
Email [email protected]
Telephone +1 (312) 843-5333
Fax (Singapore) +65 6789 8777
Hours of operation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.